Recent Grad / Admin
Job ID: BH506594
Category: Recent Graduate, Marketing, Administrative Assistant
We are looking for a highly organized PR/communications professional with 1-2 years’ experience in a media relations role. Ideally, they will have experience in professional services, but this is not essential.
The candidate will work alongside the US PR Lead, global PR Managers, our Marketing team, and our subject matter experts and spokespersons, and will regularly liaise with our US PR agency, journalists and press organizations. This is a pivotal role and requires someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate has excellent writing skills, the ability to identify potential media stories, experience developing relationships with key national and trade media, and is able to review content and produce clear and compelling narratives. The right candidate will be a high-energy PR executive with a hands-on approach who can meet deadlines, prioritize their workload, and has outstanding attention to detail. Being a self-starter with a “can do” attitude is vital, and they must have the tenacity, drive, and initiative to support the team in managing our stakeholders and subject matter experts.
We require a candidate with the ability to understand how all aspects of the media relations role come together to drive results.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- PR campaigns: work alongside the US PR Lead to manage the sector and service marketing teams and consultants on PR campaigns. Support and drive the planning and implementation of PR campaigns, including pitching stories and engaging with target journalists.
- Drafting content: support the development of press releases, media comments, messaging documents, social media copy and other thought leadership content.
- Media monitoring and research: identify possible issues and breaking news for our experts to comment on. Responsible for researching the media landscape, including target national, trade, and broadcast media titles/journalists through traditional databases. Use Twitter to find reporters in need of sources and identify potential commentary opportunities for subject matter experts.
- PR activity plans: maintain and update PR plans, forward features, list of our spokespeople and target media.
- BA/BS degree – preferably in Public Relations, Journalism or Communications
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a media relations role
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.