Residency Program Coordinator
Job ID: BH506451
Category: Medical, Legacy Healthcare, Administrative Assistant
- Requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience
- 4+ years of related experience
- Healthcare industry experience
- Recent GME policies and procedures experience
- Ability to learn, understand and comply with the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) guidelines.
- AGCME and ABA experience
- Act as a liaison between trainees, the hospital’s GME office and the Department of Anesthesiology.
- Serve as assistant to the Director of the Anesthesiology Residency Program for matters pertaining to the residency program.
- Maintain a database of vacation, meeting and sick time for the residents.
- Update and distribute the master resident rotation schedules as prepared by the Residency Program Administrator. Reconcile residents’ block schedules in institutional management system at the end of each block and log resident sick days.
- Create and maintain organized academic portfolios for residents.
- Ensure trainees’ duty hours are in compliance with ACGME requirements. Monitor duty hours reporting and send delinquent notices when indicated.
- Coordinate and attend the monthly Resident Education Committee meeting.
- Monitor trainee case logs quarterly to ensure appropriate progression throughout the academic year.
- Organize and manage the semi-annual evaluation process for the residents, including preparing academic portfolios for program director review, scheduling evaluation meetings and coordinating with program director availability.
- Distribute, monitor and ensure completion of the residency evaluation processing including the monthly rotation evaluations for both faculty to evaluate trainees and for trainees to evaluate their rotations; the annual faculty evaluations by residents; the annual program evaluations by residents and faculty.
- Monitor records of resident attendance at all required educational activities including conferences, didactic lectures and other didactic experiences on institutional residency management system.
- Under the direction of the wellness committee and wellness champion, coordinate wellness activities as necessary and monitor attendance at all required department wellness sessions.
- Oversee the resident and fellow moonlighting process, including processing requests to moonlight, obtaining necessary permissions/approvals, collecting and submitting of work vouchers and monitoring for duty hours compliance.
- Organize the residency applicant selection process, including aiding in the recruitment of new residency applications, prescreening applications according to departmental selection criteria, acting as a liaison for ERAS and NRMP, corresponding with applicants as necessary, facilitating the interview process, adhering to NRMP and ERAS deadlines, policies and procedures and coordinating the rank lists for our Categorical and Apgar programs.
- Ensure resident compliance with the Institutional annual health review and annual Hospital training.
- Facilitate the graduation exit process including archiving graduating residents’ case logs into the ACGME ADS and requesting trainees’ diplomas from the GME office and certificates from the OFA.
- Distribute and ensure completion of the annual ACGME survey of residency programs by faculty and residents.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.