Job ID: BH506286
Category: HR Generalist
Specialty: Human Resources
- Requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience.
- 3+ years of related experience
- SHRM accreditation
- HR experience in healthcare
Reporting to the Director of HR and Faculty Affairs, and under the direct supervision of the Manager, of HR/Faculty Affairs & Diversity Equity and Inclusion and the Manager of Recruitment, from a Recruitment Standpoint, the HR and Faculty Affairs Generalist will provide a wide range of Human Resources, Faculty Affairs , Administrative, and Recruitment support to the Pediatrics Human Resources team. The incumbent will interact with all levels of management to provide guidance and support regarding policies and procedures and best practices. In addition, the HR & Faculty Affairs Generalist will support the staff and Faculty regarding a variety of HR & Faculty Affairs issues while responding to employee inquires and interpreting University policies appropriately. Subject to business needs, we may support flexible and hybrid work arrangements. Options will be discussed during the interview process. To comply with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), essential functions of the position must be clearly defined and itemized. These primary job duties are intrinsic to the position. Basic skills, experience, education, physical and/or cognitive requirements should mirror essential functions of the Job to be performed and vice versa. Identify between three and eight primary tasks. Number each principal task and begin with an action verb. List the primary tasks in descending order of importance. The HR and Faculty Affairs Generalist will provide support in the following capacities but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the recruitment of staff and Faculty by preparing, reviewing and finalizing job descriptions for the execution of job postings using University’s Applicant Tracking system Talent Link (TL) and via the Academic Search and Recruiting Interfolio (ASR). This includes new, replacement, internal, and external positions upon receiving approval. In Addition, to posting via Columbia’s job sites the HR and Faculty Affairs Generalist will post in outside advertising sources.
- Work in collaboration with the Manager of Recruitment to utilize the University’s applicant tracking system Talent Link (TL) to obtain candidates information, for the preparation of pre-screening candidates and reference verifications as needed.
- Under the guidance of the Manager of Recruitment and the HR Leadership, the HR and Faculty Affairs Generalist will help with the identification on best recruitment practices and strategies.
- Works closely with the HR and Faculty Affairs leadership, Division Administrator and/ or Managers to help advance identified Finalist by making hiring and salary recommendations, conducting reference checks and extending job offer
- Serve as the Primary contact with Division Administrators to assist with the full cycle of onboarding staff, faculty, researchers, fellows and visitors. This includes scheduling new staff to attend New Hire Welcome Program, medical Surveillance, and create a Columbia University Network ID (UNI).
- Work as liaison with the Division Administrators to coordinate the successful onboarding of Internal Transfers, Faculty, Administrative Staff, Union (Bargaining Agreement) Staff, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. In addition, the Incumbent will be responsible for processing incoming new hires via the University’s Template Base Hire (TBH), Personnel Action Form (PAF) or via paper nomination form.
- Working in collaboration with University and Hospital to ensure a smooth and seamless process for new staff and faculty who need to be clinically appointed and reappointed including Attending’s, NP’s, and Fellows.
Leaves of Absence (LOA)
- Manage staff and faculty leaves of absence (LOA) in accordance with federal, state, city, and university guidelines and policies.
- The Incumbent will be responsible for tracking and ensuring compliance for staff and faculty concerning, Annual Hospital Training (AHT), Annual Health Review (AHR), Conflict of Interest, Columbia Faculty Briefing, Title IX, Influenza (FLU), Covid-19 Safety & Monitoring program, HIPPA & Security Essentials, NYS Sexual Harassment and Discrimination, Joint Commission and credentialing certificates and trainings and Faculty Professional Evaluations
- Perform required administrative duties such as keeping reports integrity, electronic filing, any other administrative duties as assigned including special projects.
- Provide back up support and cross coverage for other HR and Faculty Affairs Generalist.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned/requested.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.