Financial Analyst I
Job ID: BH504830
Category: Financial Analyst
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Client Job Title: Financial Analyst
Duration: 16 months
Location: Jackson, MI 49201
Hours: 40 hours per week
Co. Size: 5,000+
Co. Info: Michigan’s energy provider and the career destination for driven professionals serious about service. This sense of service makes us unique, and our employees know it. We all perform an essential role, and we all benefit from a satisfaction rarely found in a job. Join our 7,500 dedicated employees in diverse careers that extend from Traverse City to Adrian. We provide careers with development, growth and stability. We’ll be working together in one of the most dynamic industries in the world. You’ll help us generate energy more safely, more efficiently and through the use of more sustainable sources. The job requirements? Simple. Be passionate about what you do. Be proud of the opportunity to provide an essential service to your neighbors. Be curious and ambitious. Be there for your co-workers when they need you.
Interview Process: 1-2 virtual interviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 0-3+ years in related field
- MS Office (Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Utilities/energy industry experience
- SAP Experience
The role of the financial analyst will oversee the management of project orders for capturing costs, actual and forecast. This will entail the initial creation of SAP work orders with all required master data identified and coded accurately. This position will work with BP&A analysts, Facilities Project Managers, Property Accounting and General Accounting to communicate guidelines and ensure procedures are followed in accordance with company accounting standards.
Primary responsibility is to lead the closeout activities for capital projects:
- Create Work Orders in SAP for investment projects, master data used to collect project financials
- Align and set prioritized project closings schedule with responsible area analyst
- Review and prioritize projects for financial close
- Monitor closings schedule milestones
- Identifies potential new capital assets and completes Capital Review Forms for consideration.
- Review actuals for projects according to policies and procedures issued by Property Accounting and General Accounting; requesting guidance or assistance if required.
- Analyze, interpret and verify financial documents and reports; make corrections and update as necessary
- Assist with month-end close process including preparation of journal entries based on closeout analysis.
- Entry level financial analyst duties; reconciliation, investigation of actual postings and variance explanation compared to actual data.
- Analyzes and interprets technical data to create equipment records, and maintenance plans within SAP.
- Responsible for ensuring completeness and accuracy of equipment master data sheets for individual projects.
- Creates and assures completion of interim and final acceptance close-out documents with identified responsible parties.
- Assists with identification of equipment needing tagging or maintenance plans
- Enters related information into SAP, including, but not limited to: technical ID’s, and maintenance plans.
- Cross Training on Invoice processing and auditing
- Release of orders for charging, review of data posted to orders for accuracy compared to accounting standards and finally close out of orders when project is complete and “in service”.
- Maintaining records for individual projects and the ability to report on the overall volume of orders/projects and current status is required to be successful.
- Preparing property accounting documentation for proper adherence to company policy is required.
- Ability to review data in detail and compile at high level for reporting results to project managers and all levels of management is required.
- Attention to detail, self-starter, ability to work independently, communication skills, organization and preparedness are critical for this role.
- Regular, predictable and punctual attendance during regularly scheduled work hours at assigned worksite is expected.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.