Job ID: BH504687
Category: Staff Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Contract Duration: Open ended
Job Location: Milford
Prefer onsite full time but will consider Hybrid schedule if candidates have MS Dynamics experience.
Company Information, Industry, Size: Senior Assisted Living
Interview Process: Virtual
- 5+ years of experience
- Healthcare experience
- MS Dynamics
Staff Accountant responsibilities include (but not limited to) maintaining the financial records of several different facilities up to and including the issuing of monthly financial statements. In addition, you will be required to assist the assistant controller & controller with various management information requests including assisting the independent auditors during CYE audit for the facilities to whom you have been assigned.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Issuing of monthly financial statements to Executive Directors
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Monitoring cash flow of your assigned facilities.
- Analysis/reconciliation of income and expense accounts monthly.
- Assisting the assistant controller & controller as required
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Health Industry related experience preferred
- Some Public accounting experience preferred
- Microsoft Dynamics SL(Solomon), Matrix, or YARDI general ledger experience a plus.
- Ability to work in the Microsoft Windows(Excel) environment fluently a must.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently are essential.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and Excel skills required
Long term care accounting experience a plus
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.