HR and Benefits Manager
Job ID: BH503115
Category: HR Manager, Benefits Manager
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Senior HR and Benefits Manager
Contract to Hire/Direct Hire
Job Location: Somerville (Free parking)
Hybrid schedule. 3 days onsite.
Company Information, Industry, Size: Environmental
Interview Process: Virtual
- 3+ years of HR and Benefits experience
- ADP Workforce Now
Cutting edge environmental services firm is seeking a Senior Human Resources & Benefits Manager who has a passion for HR and a strong commitment to service. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Human Resources and will have a strong focus on benefits administration and strategy.
The right candidate will be someone who can flourish in a team environment, have the ability to multi-task, and possess a positive attitude, professional demeanor, and excellent communication skills. This individual will have a strong voice in the Human Resource department by being the lead in all things benefits, and all other employee related services by performing the following duties personally or through departmental employees.
Essential Responsibilities And Duties
- Key Liaison with our benefits broker for medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages.
- Excellent command of HRIS systems and integration (ADP knowledge & experience preferred)
- Manages two direct reports
- Oversees Triumvirate’s quarterly performance management and development program to ensure employees are getting real time feedback and to keep employees engaged with their current role in the company.
- A key initial contact to new-hires as they navigate the on-boarding process.
- Directs the company’s Leave Management program.
- Participates in the delivery of new employee orientation as it relates to benefits to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Directs all employee benefits programs.
- Keeps records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Strong reporting and analytical skills (Microsoft Excel).
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances plans, PTO, FMLA, and employee assistance.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Oversee reports on absenteeism and turnover.
- Writes directives advising department managers and employees of company policy regarding employment, compensation, and other employee related issues.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Develops and managers an HR Scorecard (i.e. metrics) to be distributed to Executive Team members and Branch General Managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills And Experience
- 3-5 years HR and Benefits experience
- Demonstrated a successful track record joining a collaborative team of HR professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong HRIS Reporting & Excel skills
- Customer service oriented with a sense of humor.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal labor laws
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ADP WFN a plus
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.