ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain inventory within target stock levels at all times and ensure that PO’s and shipping schedules are effectively.
- Share capacity forecast requirements with key suppliers on monthly basis and obtain positive confirmation that the supplier has the capability to meet the full requirements.
- Ensure that the MRB / RTV process is effectively managed with suppliers and ‘bad inventory’ is managed within targets
- Ensure appropriate support requirements are met in managing intercompany demand – Including build requirements/Service parts/MRB/RTV etc
- Proactively work with current/potential suppliers to identify and support cost reduction initiatives
- Lead the implementation of cost reduction initiatives ensuring that they are delivered in optimum time with maximum impact
Supplier Performance Improvement
- Support QBR’s with key suppliers with view to identifying and addressing key risks, issues and performance improvement opportunities
- Work with suppliers to understand constraints and to improve supply chain agility including supplier managed inventory, reduce lead time, MOQ, reduced liability
- Maintain detailed information on each supplier’s organizational structure, business strategy, and key capabilities managed.
- Maintain static Data Integrity in the system for appropriate parts
- Support as necessary the NPI process and ECO management to ensure real time communication to the supplier and appropriate feedback internally.
- Actively support process improvement and drive implementation of best practice?
- Ensure Compliant pro processes are understood and adhered to at all times.
- Ideally, degree or equivalent experience in materials management or business studies.
- Working towards CIPS qualification or demonstrable equivalent experience essential.
- Previous supply chain/materials experience in a medium/high volume manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability and significant commercial awareness of supplier relationship management.
- Background and knowledge of appropriate production processes.
- Familiarity with unique pricing philosophies/strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an influential approach to authority.
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Target-oriented individual, experienced in the setting and meeting of agreed targets.
- Excellent presentation skills; consultative, sophisticated approach/style as well as ability to think and plan strategically
- Sound interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (MS Office applications) essential
- Extensive experience of MRP systems and preferably Microsoft Dynamics