HR Business Partner: Sr
Job ID: BH501306
Category: HR Business Partner
Specialty: Human Resources
Sr. Manager, HRBP – R&D
We are looking for a dynamic, business focused HR talent who brings to the role a love of life sciences, a curiosity which enables talent solutions and a strong consulting style in service of coaching and supporting leaders as they grow their organizations. This individual would be responsible for HR support, leader coaching, team building and being a steward of the culture within the assigned client groups. The successful applicant will also demonstrate strong project management and have a proven track record of partnering with client groups.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
This individual will act as the primary HR Partner for several expertise areas of our R&D organization – collaborating closely with a leadership team on a range of critical business and organizational issues. As the business partner, you must demonstrate a strong business acumen as well as functional knowledge of all aspects of human resource management, including by not limited to:
- Support business hiring needs with headcount & investment planning, candidate assessment and selection, and onboarding of rapidly growing teams
- Retain & Develop:
- Talent Management – conduct talent reviews, support employee development planning, lead calibration (rating and promotion) processes, etc.
- Org design – partner with leadership to build the organization that will scale for future growth aligned with core values
- Coach scientific and business leaders, including multiple VP level and C-level executives
- Partner closely with various HR functions such as Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Employee Relations, Operations, Talent Development, Immigration, etc.
- Support retention and internal transfer goals by building relationships, understanding individuals’ skills and aspirations, and help create opportunities where appropriate
- Help teams understand culture survey feedback and support initiatives to strengthen team cultures
- Regularly evaluate scientific career ladder based on evolving market data and internal needs
This role will also support R&D more broadly by providing support such as:
- Collating materials from other areas of R&D and Medical Affairs HRBPs in preparation for R&D Leadership meetings such as Talent Reviews, Calibrations, IP planning, etc.
- Support R&D groups with the culture survey by running various reports and preparing summaries of the results
- Provide back up for R&D exit interviews as needed
- Conduct 360 assessments for leaders across different parts of R&D
- Update monthly people dashboard/summarize key metrics across all areas of R&D
- Support other broad R&D projects and initiatives as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years’ HR or external consulting experience preferred
- Successful track record of partnering with client groups
- Dynamic and creative HR leader who can coach senior leaders, advise on organization design, and create robust talent planning strategy
- Ability to design and execute project plans, identifying interdependencies and incorporating related communication/change management plans
- Experience in influencing without authority and stakeholder management
- Strong points of view on how to scale culture including best practices in team dynamics, working in a matrix design, and ensuring organizational values are realized
- Strong partner to Talent Acquisition and other HR specialty areas to drive creative HR programs and solutions
- Excellent execution skills and the ability to translate HR strategy into actionable initiatives
- Strong consultation skills and the ability to influence at all levels is essential
- Experience in dynamic, high growth environments
- Ability to work as part of collaborative HR team
- Strong attention to detail
- Vaccinated against Covid-19
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.