Senior Administrative Assistant (Horgan)- Boston
Job ID: BH501213
Category: Administrative Assistant
2 plus years admin experience
1. Assists supervisor with special projects and preparation of complex reports and documents. Collects and compiles information from diverse sources, performs calculations, creates charts, graphs and spreadsheets and performs other related duties as requested.
2. Transcribes and types correspondence, forms, reports, manuscripts and other materials involving complex scientific, technical and/or specialized terminology from recorded dictation, shorthand or rough draft. Prepares documents requiring stylized formats and lettering or graphics using specialized commercial software, such as desktop publishing or graphics packages. Proofreads and edits materials for grammar, punctuation and spelling.
3. Answers, screens and routes telephone calls and greets and directs visitors and staff. Provides routine and/or standardized information within scope of knowledge and authority. Receives, screens and drafts responses to correspondence.
4. Schedules appointments and meetings and maintains personal calendars for physician/supervisor(s). Reserves meeting locations, orders supplies and equipment and prepares meeting agenda and other materials. Prepares travel arrangements as necessary. Assists in organizing and scheduling conferences, seminars and other department sponsored programs or events, by receiving and recording registration forms and fees, ordering supplies and services and performing other related duties as assigned.
5. Maintains departmental files, records and databases. Enters information from source documents into computer databases and/or spreadsheets, compiling, printing and distributing periodic reports, mailing labels and other information as needed. Maintains department/office library of reference books, journals, slides, films and other materials.
6. Monitors and maintains office equipment and supply inventory. Reorders standard office supplies according to established guidelines and requests equipment repair services as needed. Receives and reconciles supply orders and invoices, identifying and resolving delays, billing errors or discrepancies. Communicates with hospital support service departments to request needed services.
7. Prepares, routes, and tracks routine administrative forms and documents. Route materials for required authorizations and monitors receipt by final destination. Communicates with other hospital departments to resolve delays and errors.
8. Leads and oversees work of designated office support personnel. Plans, prioritizes and delegates work assignments and monitors performance, providing feedback and guidance as needed. Serves as a resource on departmental policies and procedures and provides assistance in resolving administrative problems and issues. Trains and orients new personnel and participates in selection, evaluation and discipline of subordinate staff as appropriate.
Qualifications (degree, past experience):
Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
At least 2 years of previous administrative experience; ideally in healthcare setting
Previous experience working with insurance/referrals preferred
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.