Job ID: BH497362
Category: Payroll Manager, Payroll Coordinator, Payroll Clerk, Payroll Auditor, Payroll Analyst, Payroll Accountant, Payroll, Benefits/Payroll, Payroll Administrator
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
- High School Diploma required
- 3-5 years of payroll experience (specifically with agreements and bonus paybacks)
- Basic knowledge of Wage and Hour Law
- Experience with State minimum wage requirements when determining amounts to withhold from pay
- PeopleSoft Payroll system experience
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Associate Degree in a business discipline is preferred
Primary responsibility is to monitor employees with retention agreements for non-compliance. In addition, the role will provide payroll services for employees in accordance with company policy and Federal and State wage and hour regulations, including the Fair Labor Standards Act. The position is responsible for advancing culture by exemplifying core values and providing superior customer service. While most tasks are of a routine nature, this position requires independent thinking for analysis of paycheck issues and recommendations on how to best resolve them through the normal payroll process.
• Review employee changes to determine if a bonus payback is required
• Contact employees for reauthorization, where needed
• Determine amounts to withhold from pay depending on the state requirements and applicable minimum wage requirement
• Track funds recovered and outstanding amounts
• Triage incoming cases from employees and managers and assist where possible
• Update employee changes to federal, state or local tax records, direct deposit accounts or other changes where employees cannot update their own records through Self Service
• Act as a backup to other Payroll Coordinators
• Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Critical Skills: attention to detail; customer service, analytical, communication, organizational
• Critical Attributes: Team player, dedicated, reliable
• High level of confidentiality and discretion
• Ability to complete work assignments within required time constraints and meet critical deadlines
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.