Jr. Fund Administrator
Job ID: BH497037
Category: Recent Graduate, Junior Accountant, Fund Administrator
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Jr. Fund Administrator
6-month contract, conversion possible
Location: Kansas City, MO (Hybrid, mostly remote)
Hours: M-F; 8am-5pm
Industry: Financial Services/Banking
Interview Process: Webex video call (1 round)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, business or related field
- Vaccinated and boosted
- Microsoft Office proficiency
Nice to haves:
- Some financial services industry or accounting experience
We are looking for a candidate willing to grow along with the international clients that we service from the Kansas City office. Our role is a blend of client service and accounting, with complex and diverse funds and processes. The Associate 2 will be responsible for preparing mutual fund NAVs and other reporting of the highest quality and accuracy in a timely manner to meet the needs of our clients. We are looking for a committed candidate who will collaborate with other departments to find new solutions for complex business challenges, who is open for improvements and who can take advantage of opportunities. The successful candidate will need to take initiative, exercise independent thinking, maintain an excellent and interactive relationship with team members, global business partners and, most importantly, our clients.
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. In your role you will help contribute to a successful team and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
What are the 3-5 “nice to have” attributes that would separate a successful candidate from their competition when interviewing?
- Previous Internships
- Leadership or supervisory experience from any industry, Resourcefulness
- Knowledge of Financial Markets/Instruments
What are the top three must-haves you will be looking for in the resumes/interviews for this role?
- Flexibility, Analytical Skills, Attention to detail
- Verify completed Net Asset Value (NAV) for accuracy, in accordance with agreed timelines
- Analyze individual fund components for reasonability and consistency with market conditions
- Responsible for reviewing assigned, complex daily operations and processes
- Ensure all communication with both internal and external clients is accurate, timely and professional
- Research items that are raised, ensuring any unusual activity is resolved or escalated
- Assist with special projects and other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and a focus in Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred
- 1+ years’ experience in financial services industry, would accept strong new graduate
- Knowledge of financial products preferred
- Computer proficient including working knowledge of desktop software applications (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must have analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail oriented and deadline driven
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills (ability to prioritize)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adhere to company policies and guidelines
- Build strong relationships with global teams and international clients
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.