Administrative Specialist I
Job ID: BH496489
Category: Accounts Receivable Manager, Accounts Receivable Coordinator, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Accounts Receivable, Administrative Assistant
- Completed High School (Diploma or GED)
- At least 2 years of experience in fields associated with claims such as communications, legal, insurance, customer service or similar fields (administrative)
- SAP experience
- MISS dig system
- Utilities industry experience
- SIMS records experience
In this position, you will support a number of critical administrative tasks. The Damage Claims Administrative Specialist works directly with the Claims Advocate in overseeing day to day operations for gas and electric damage claims. They are responsible for investigating, billing and assisting with collecting asset damage costs caused by third parties (Claims for the Company). In performing these duties they partner with other departments in the company as well as interacting with insurance companies, municipalities, judicial and circuit courts. They also work with the legal department regarding incidents that involve litigation to gather supporting documentation regarding field investigations.
- Interpret information from crew room, gas/electric crews and Field leaders for analyzing and processing damage claims.
- Research claims for billings and preparing 3rd party bills using SAP (front and back office), Miss Dig System, SIMS, OMC and SD billings for both gas/electric damage claims.
- Responsible for administrative duties as it relates to bill payments, creating payment requests, expense reporting. Handling collection activities processes including but not limited to preparing small claims court documents and letters.
- Gather supporting documents regarding field investigations for the legal department.
- Collaborate with both internal and external customers as it relates to Damage Claims.
- Works independently to accomplish all goals of the department.
- Manage a large volume of damage claims workload by effectively researching, analyzing, prioritizing workload.
- Billing and supporting collection activities by reviewing for payments, participating in billing and collection blitz, phone calls, letters, and utilization of the Small Claims Court system.
- Periodically provide informal training to new administrative specialists.
The following may set you apart:
Analytical Skill – Analyze and/or research third party investigations to prepare bills.
Technical Skills and Knowledge of Utility Practices and Procedures – Need to understand the fundamentals of gas and electric systems and operations in order to investigate and/or prepare third party damages.
Knowledge of the MISS Dig system.
Experience using the following applicants: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, SharePoint and SIMS records
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.