Staff Accountant – SGA
Job ID: BH496470
Category: Staff Accountant, Junior Accountant, Cost Accountant, Accounting Clerk
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
A telecommunications company in Atlanta, GA seeks a Staff Accountant to join their growing team.
- Working knowledge of GAAP Accounting
- Sage experience
- Workday experience
- Big 4 experience
Responsible for month-end close duties, including but not limited to preparation of journal entries, completion and maintenance of balance sheet account reconciliations, for a fast paced, growth-stage nationwide telecom services company. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment. The individual should have demonstrated initiative, a positive, team-oriented outlook, enjoy working across functional boundaries, a high energy level, and a diligent work ethic. He/she must also have an interest in, or knowledge of, streamlining the accounting and reporting functions for improved efficiency as well as effectiveness of all processes for which they are involved. The successful candidate will possess a strong technical accounting knowledge and will be able to identify, research and resolve accounting issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Responsible for tasks relating to, but not limited to, SGA Accounting but could see the following general accounting areas: bank transactions, prepaids, other A/R, projects and ad hoc requests as needed
- Prepares journal entries
- Prepares and maintains monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepares internal management reports and ad hoc reports as needed
- Prepares year-end audit schedules and support
- Assists, as necessary, in documenting, designing and testing processes and procedures affecting the financial statements or financial performance of the company
- Assists in systems and spreadsheets automation to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of accounting functions and processes
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.