Job ID: BH495902
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Contract Duration: Open ended (Interim). Will look at perm candidates as well.
Job Location: Middletown RI. Need to be onsite at least 3 days a week. Full time onsite while training.
Company Information, Industry, Size: Telecommunications
Interview Process: Virtual
- 10+ years of experience
- Public Accounting experience
The Controller is responsible for the management of the day-to-day functions of several areas within the finance department and works under the supervision of the VP, Chief Accounting Officer. You will be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve, and document accounting issues. The successful candidate will have significant interaction with all members of the Finance Team and other internal customers. The ideal candidate has strong technical acumen, public accounting and proven themselves in a fast paced, $200M – $500M public company with international subsidiaries.
- Direct the day-to-day activities of the finance team and manage the monthly and quarterly close process (reconciliations, close calendar, etc.);
- Review the monthly consolidation of subsidiaries including intercompany eliminations.
- Refine procedures for the month-end close process and work to streamline activities while enhancing internal controls (SOX compliance) both domestically and overseas.
- Collect and analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures and provide strategic finance recommendations.
- Oversee all external financial reporting including the annual report (10-K), quarterly reports (10-Q’s) and other reports on form 8-K.
- Perform technical accounting research and ensure that all technical accounting positions are documented and maintained/updated as needed.
- Liaise with the external auditors (e.g., quarterly reviews and year-end audit).
- Provide oversight and technical accounting advice to worldwide finance personnel for more routine transactions and identify unusual transactions that may need further research for the appropriate use of US GAAP.
- Collaborate with other departments on special analysis and/or reports as needed.
- CPA with audit and public company experience
- Minimum of 8-10 years in general accounting, including international reporting
- B.S. in Finance/Accounting or Business
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.