Job ID: BH495556
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
- The selection, development, and management of control processes and team necessary to scale the company.
- Partner with CFO on the integration of acquired businesses and diligence for future potential acquisitions.
- Support the rollout of an international entity structure with associated operational and accounting requirements.
- Oversight of the financial closing process, managing the team to meet closing deadlines, reviewing results and proposing changes, distributing reporting to the management team.
- Oversight of the financial audit, maintaining a positive and collaborative relationship with our audit team, managing the timely issuance of audited financial statements within deadlines.
- Oversight of an accounting staff of six responsible for areas that include general accounting, purchasing, payables, billing, collections, payroll, revenue recognition, taxation and cash management.
- The further development and refinement of systems to allow CallMiner to scale.
- Lead for all technical accounting matters, remaining current with new accounting pronouncements and proposing appropriate treatment for non-recurring transactions based upon researched and documented positions.
- Preparation and distribution of various internal management reports.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- 10 to 15 years of overall accounting experience, with 3 to 5 years as a controller.
- Prior audit and public company experience preferred.
- Ideally done roles in both larger public companies and at least one smaller high growth company
- CPA preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including strong knowledge of Excel. Must have the ability to be hands on with accounting systems. Previous experience with Intacct, Concur, Shareworks a plus.
- Organizational and analytical ability to handle many details, multiple tasks and shifting priorities.
- Ability to complete tasks on time with limited direction.
- Advance problem solving skills to analyze and resolve exceptions.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Current awareness of accounting rulemaking and hot topics in order to ensure Company preparedness and compliance with new pronouncements.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.