Staff Accountant-Property Tax
Job ID: BH494248
Category: Tax Accountant, Recent Graduate, Junior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Client Job Title: Tax Accountant
Job Location: Herndon, VA, Hybrid
Industry: Custom Software and IT Services
Team Size: 6
Company Info/About: Helping companies design and implement software and technology for over 30 years. Headquartered in Northern VA.
No vaccines required, masks required if not vaccinated. Company prefers/encourages vaccines . Will need to be in office about 2 days a week in order to receive and sort mail.
Interview Process: 1 virtual interview with Hiring Manager, via Webex
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in accounting.
- Excel experience with pivot tables and look-ups.
- 3 months plus accounting experience
Preferred: Previous Property Tax experience a plus.
- Prepare and file personal property tax (PPT) Returns across the US
- Review and reconcile assessments received by governments
- Reconcile and work with our accounts payable department to pay the personal property tax bills while ensuring the bills are coded in our GL correctly.
- Prepare information to bill our customers in the detail they require
- Preparing personal property tax estimates for our customers
- Correspond or verbally communicate with government taxing agencies to resolve matters that may arise
- Maintain a current awareness and understanding of and comply with ePlus code of ethics, independence rules and quality control practices.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.