EA to VP of Human Capital & CFO
Job ID: BH492816
Category: Executive Assistant
EA to VP of Human Capital and CFO
Job Location: Boston – hybrid
The Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Human Capital (VPHC) & the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) (herein referred to as Executives) provides a broad range of administrative and supportive functions. This position will engage with employees and external partners to promote the culture continuously enhance the employee experience. The candidate will have a strong background providing executive-level administrative support, as well as project management and technical skills. Discretion, tact, and trustworthiness are essential as the EA routinely processes highly confidential information and interfaces with the Executive Leadership at PSI and their EAs. The Executive Assistant will anticipate, plan for and organize upcoming events and activities that ensure effective and smooth department operations. This role will have the option of working up to 2 days remotely as schedule and department needs permit.
- Pleasant, customer-focused approach with the ability to pursue opportunities to build relationships and collaborate with other PSI teams across functions.
- Demonstrated ability to treat confidential or sensitive information appropriately.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) and Outlook.
- Experience organizing complex schedules or projects.
- Experience planning and executing arrangements for org-wide events ranging in scale from 300-500 participants.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively prioritize work, identify potential challenges and present solutions.
- Associate’s degree;
- 3-5 years of executive level administrative support
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development or related field is preferred.
- Two (2) plus years of project management experience
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Human Resources Functions:
- Scheduling meetings and maintaining Outlook calendar. Manage and anticipate schedule conflicts and initiate changes in accordance with priorities;
- Process invoices and track expenses for the VP of Human Capital, including general HR office expenses;
- Order supplies as requested and ensure organization of electronic and paper employment files;
- Support the VPHC in preparing materials for wide range of audiences, including employee meetings, Leadership Team and the Board of Directors;
- Support department meetings via scheduling, zoom facilitation, compiling presenter content, room set-up and food ordering when applicable;
- Plan and facilitate employee events as assigned;
- Works independently, proactively, and uses sound judgement skills daily;
- Prepare appropriate written responses to incoming correspondence;
- Serve as liaison between the Executives and outside entities;
- Research and provide recommendations on special projects/assignments;
- Manage incoming and outgoing telephone calls and emails;
- Maintain accurate filing system;
- Proofread Human Resources documents; establish and maintain complex & confidential filing system; perform research; compile information, reports, and spreadsheets.
- Handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion; analyze problems and suggest solutions.
- Aid staff from other departments regarding HR responsibilities.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Maintain composure during demanding circumstances.
- Knowledge of operational processes, procedures, and policies.
- Ability to learn, retain and use specific operational guidelines.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Maintain the schedule of the Chief Financial Officer and Controller, including organizing, setting up and rescheduling as needed meetings including both virtual and in person
- Monitor the Chief Finance Officer’s and Controller’s emails and phone calls, alerting them of time-sensitive requests, as well as forwarding emails that should go to other parties and responding on certain emails on behalf of the CFO or Controller
- Schedule, attend and record minutes from the Inn’s Audit and Finance Committee, Investment Committee and other committees managed by the CFO and Controller
- Assist with on-boarding new finance staff members
- Manage and properly direct external department requests of finance team
- Review and approve contracts and organization documents as instructed by the Chief Financial Officer, including using City Supplier Portal and Docusign
- Maintain CFO user name and password updates to key government systems
- Assist CFO and IT team maintain records and follow up with employees regarding cybersecurity training and phishing campaign results
- Manage the Inn’s annual submission of reports to the Secretary of State, Attorney General and other government offices
- Participate on the Inn’s quarterly Health and Safety Committee meetings, including sending incident reports to insurance agent and preparing the Inn’s Quarterly Incident Report for Health and Safety Committee
- Submit periodic invoices to the Inn’s Retirement Plan EASE account for payment
- Manage the periodic issuance and maintenance of the Inn’s American Express corporate card program, and assist CFO complete supporting documents for monthly American Express statements
- Manage the Inn’s semiannual Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Lobbyist reporting
- Manage the Inn’s periodic banking relationships including obtaining and completing documentation for new bank accounts or changes to existing bank accounts as instructed by CFO or Controller
- Assist the Finance office with the periodic arrangement with third party storage the transfer of finance historical records
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.