Job ID: BH489047
Category: Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Contract to Hire/Direct Hire
Job Location: Cambridge, Hybrid schedule 2-3 days a week in the office)
Company Information, Industry, Size: Non Profit
Team Size: 8
Interview Process: Virtual
- 4+ years of experience
- Non Profit
The Senior Accountant is responsible for internal and external financial statement and other reports preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. He or she develops and maintains information to guide decision-making regarding company operations in compliance with government policy and reporting regulations. Utilizing hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles and company practices.
Other responsibilities include:
- Consolidate monthly financials; performs monthly account
- Ensure all entries and adjustments are booked timely and accurately.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual reporting package for senior leaders.
- Provide requested documentation and supporting data for audit procedures.
- Collect various accounting data to prepare and analyze financial income and other accounting statements and
- Maintain general accounting systems for use by management in controlling expenditures and insuring compliance with tax
- Develop solutions to a variety of problems requiring use and application of accounting concepts, practices, and
- Distribute revenue to appropriate accounts and balance totals to bank Prepares revenue entries.
- Monitor and maintain payroll and benefits related data, including salary allocation, workers' compensation, health insurance, and retirement plan. Processes payroll and general ledger correction
- Reconcile monthly accounts payable and accounts receivable and other balance sheet accounts and proposes correcting journal entries, as appropriate.
- Prepare rent subsidy
- Maintain the fixed asset system, capitalizing expenses, as
- Allocate prepayments, bond interest
- Perform other related duties, as required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field required
- Four or more years' experience in accounting or related field; healthcare environment In some instances, experience may be substituted for academic training.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred, but not required.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel user comfortable with large data sets and experience with advanced formulas and pivot and data tables, with data validation, structuring and presentation abilities, and proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to develop and maintain solid working relationships across the organization
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines, as well as ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels of the company and outside auditors
- Strong attention to detail, documentation and sense of ownership
- A collaborative and team-oriented attitude
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.