Job ID: BH488819
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 1 year of Administrative Support Experience
- Proficient in a variety of administrative systems and software programs such as; Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), PeopleSoft, KRONOS, HealthStream, eSped, eBuy, etc.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Higher Education Administration Experience
The Administrative Secretary provides full secretarial and administrative support during the academic year, as well as summer session. This person must maintain complete professionalism acting as liaison with students, teachers, families, transportation companies, school districts, and all other hospital departments. Performs all support functions for administrative staff. Good communication skills and the ability to demonstrate teamwork and flexibility are necessary. Must be able to think independently, take initiative and work closely with both School and Hospital Administration.
- Administrative support to Director, Administrators, Faculty, and Students.
- Strong skills in a variety of office administrative system and software programs such as:
- Microsoft Word: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint; PeopleSoft, KRONOS, HealthStream, eSped, eBuy
Management of school operations:
- Provides direct collaboration with the hospital and/or organization departments such as: Payroll, Accounting, Purchasing, Facilities, Housekeeping, Security, etc.
- Responsible for weekly department payroll using the KRONOS system
- Responsible for collaborating with fiscal, generating monthly billing and census reports, for both publicly funded and private pay students
- Responsible for vendor reimbursements
- Management of corporate credit card and monthly reconciliation
- Specific knowledge of IEP’s and eSped programming for accurate data entry
- Creates new record management systems, in compliance with DESE regulations and workable within our school environment
- Responsible for collecting and maintaining required DESE forms and yearly updated student information
- Manages, organizes, and maintains student files based on DESE requirements
- Directly responsible for ensuring safe transportation for all students through establishment of good working relationship with transportation companies, their drivers, and the public-school systems
- Directly responsible for assuring that the building is in good working order and that problems are attended to quickly
- Creates, maintains, and secures databases to improve school functioning and keep historical records for fund-raising efforts and research purposes
Management of internal and external communications
- Responsible for overall communication (telephone, email, mailings, etc.) between the school and parents, outside agencies, vendors, and the hospital
- Responsible for referral intake meetings and parent conferences
- Monitoring, recording, and generating data on daily student attendance including late arrivals and early departures
- Responsible for taking minutes for the Semi-Annual Board of Advisor meetings
- Performs general clerical duties such as: filing, typing, copying, answering main phone, taking messages, transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, and transmitting text and data
- Collects and disseminates data for Research, report preparation and correspondence
- Maintains, verifies, and evaluates existing record-keeping system
- Destroys and/or archives data and records
- Provides information management support to Program Director
- Monitors students’ whereabouts in the building and provides daily supervision coverage as assigned
- Reports unusual and/or concerning observations to Director, Educational Administrator, and/or Clinical Staff
- Responsible for coordinating special events such as Parent Night and Graduation.
- Orders and inventories all textbooks and curricula supplies.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.