Job ID: BH488647
Category: Payroll Manager, Payroll, Payroll Administrator
9 Month Contract
Job Location: Remote
Hours: M-F, standard
Industry: Medical device
Interview Process: 1st step: Recorded IV (HireVue); 2nd step: 30 minute zoom with HM; 3rd step: Panel IV
* Will also be required to take Excel test and provide results
ADP Workforce Now
High school diploma and 5 years of experience in payroll, or Associate’s degree with accounting coursework
Canadian and Latin American payroll experience
This position is responsible for performing a variety of payroll duties relating to the production of payroll checks. Responds to employee questions and assists Sr. Payroll Manager with the daily operations of the department and special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the preparation, processing and reconciliation of biweekly payroll for the US and Canada
- Review and update payroll profiles for employees in ADP Workforce Now
- Generate and distribute required internal payroll reports on a scheduled basis
- Prepare information for internal/external audits
- Principal point of contact for inquires and requests relating to payroll and provides assistance to employees for payroll related issues..
- Prepare final paychecks for terminated employees in accordance with state law.
- Create journal entries for accounting and research reconciliation variances.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws
- Ensure a high level of customer service
- Assist with completing wage garnishments.
- Other special projects as requested
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a high school education and a minimum of five years of related work experience in a payroll department or an Associates degree with accounting coursework. Must be detail-oriented with ability to work under pressure to meet constant deadlines. Possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Experience working with ADP Workforce Now’s payroll system is required, Canadian and Latin America payroll experience a plus.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.