Job ID: BH488606
Category: Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
The Senior Accountant role will be responsible for coordinating global Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance and preparation of quarterly and annual SEC filings. Reporting directly to the Accounting Director, this individual will assist with the timely completion of the monthly financial close process, including related control activity.
· Coordinate global SOX compliance, which includes:
? overseeing the maintenance and review of detailed and accurate SOX404 control documentation, (including global business process narratives, accuracy and appropriateness of control descriptions, risk control matrices and related assertions, control walkthrough and related test plans and internal test results and related evaluations for the consolidated group);
? assisting with the planning and managing of testing performed by external consultants, both EY and 3rd party consultants;
? assisting with the interactions with external auditors relating to deliverables for walkthroughs and control testing;
- assisting with the assessment of financial reporting risk points, control assertions, related testing attributes and the implementation of control activity improvements to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls across the global business operations; and
- assisting with evaluation and compliance of foreign company control activity (potential travel involved to the Company’s subsidiaries in Europe and Asia Pacific).
- Assisting with the coordination of external auditor quarterly reviews, integrated audit walkthroughs and control testing, and annual audit as well as the assisting with the preparation of SEC filings including 10-Ks, 10-Qs and 8-Ks.
- Participate in monthly and quarterly financial close process.
- Possible participation in the origination of internal audit services. May include planning and conducting operational, financial, fraud, and compliance audit projects.
- Assist with technical accounting. Helping research technical accounting matters as they arise and determine accounting treatment for complex transactions based on such research.
- Support the Senior Management team with various analyses and ad hoc projects.
Required Skills and Experience:
- CPA or CPA eligible required, with 3+ years public accounting. Ideally a combination of both Big 4 public accounting and private industry (SEC registrant).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, with a Master’s degree in either of these areas a plus.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Experience with SEC reporting.
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP.
- Experience with global ERP and consolidation software systems a plus.
- Must have strong attention to detail, analytical and organization skills along with the ability to prioritize a varying degree of tasks.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.