Job ID: BH488282
Category: VP/Director, Finance Director
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
The VP, Finance will work under the direction of the CFO and business partners and perform a variety of financial, statistical, budgetary, and operational analyses and duties. This individual will work closely with senior management across our company and its affiliates being intimately involved in strategic planning for both long- and short-term forecasting. He/she will also develop and direct the company's global budgeting processes ensuring alignment across our business operations and its affiliates.
- Lead the Company's financial planning process including annual plans and interim forecast
- Provide analytical thought leadership and ensure use of robust methodologies for all planning and analysis
- Institute process around key planning assumptions to ensure all relevant inputs are accurate and consistently applied
- Develop standardized, best-practice tools and presentation templates to ensure consistency in planning deliverables
- Partner with accounting during month end close to ensure timely and accurate financial results.
- Conduct analysis of operating results compared to plan, prior periods and forecasts
- Deliver clear verbal and written explanations of analyses to senior management that translate findings into tactical and strategic
- Support Investor Relations with analysis and presentation preparation and drive board level financial reporting and
- Provide valuation and analysis to support tax planning strategies
- Develop and monitor operating and capital targets and create insightful reporting and measurement systems
- BS in Finance or related and a MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of progressive FP&A
- Experience in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment is Exposure to the life science industry is a plus.
- Core competencies in financial planning, financial and economic modeling and analysis
- Knowledge of valuation techniques and models focused on product development
- Experience providing decision support to senior management
- Advanced Excel
- An ability to communicate business and financial information to senior leadership including board level
- Treasury experience is a bonus
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.