HR Generalist (Senior)
Job ID: BH487489
Category: HR Generalist
Specialty: Human Resources
Senior HR Generalist
Temp to Perm
Job Location: Boston (Hybrid schedule. 1-2 days a week in the office)
Company Information, Industry, Size: Non Profit
- 7+ years experience
- Non Profit experience
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus
Under the direction of the Chief People & Equity Officer/EVP, the Senior Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing excellent human resource support to The Institute for Nonprofit Practice and the HR function by assisting with recruitment, training, performance management, employee relations, and other HR programs that are integral to the strategic plan. The Senior Human Resources Generalist will have exposure to the senior levels of the organization and will assist the Chief People & Equity Officer/EVP in developing best-in-class human resource programs. The Senior Human Resources Generalist will work closely with leaders, managers and employees developing, interpreting, and communicating HR programs, policies, procedures, and employment laws.
- Develops sources of qualified applicants; Recruits for assigned positions using creative sourcing strategies.
- Oversees the hiring process, i.e., develops and maintains job posting process ensuring positions are filled in a timely manner, manages resume and applicant tracking systems, screens applicants, schedules and conducts interviews, checks references and background, and evaluates applicant qualifications.
- Develops a "branding" initiative at local colleges; Develops and manages on-campus and off-site recruitment programs including job fairs.
- Develops and manages temporary employee, internship, and other staffing programs.
- Recommends and implements an applicant tracking system and coordinates and communicates the HR metrics to senior management.
- Facilitates and provides HR program training (including orientation) to the workforce as required.
- Performs onboarding and off boarding of employees.
- Assists with Annual Performance Management Cycle as required.
- Works closely with managers to develop and drive human resource activities and processes relative to employee performance that support business initiatives.
- Facilitates resolution of employee relations issues and administers progressive discipline and performance improvement plans with program management. Advises and counsels managers and employees on a wide variety of organizational and employee performance issues. Responds to needs of managers and employees in a timely manner.
- Provides advisory and investigative support to management on sensitive employee relations issues, working with legal counsel when necessary.
- Assists in the collection and reporting of employee metrics to support organizational and business decisions.
- Analyzes and maintains HRIS database by reviewing, verifying and processing all employee personnel actions.
- Reviews and analyzes data related to employee headcount, recruitment, terminations, on-boarding, and compensation to identify trends and recommend strategies for improvement; prepares a variety of reports interpreting and explaining data.
- Performs other related and unrelated responsibilities, as needed to support the Human Resources function;
- Assists the Chief People & Equity Officer/EVP, and HR team with various projects as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (or comparable experience) with 7-10 years prior experience in an HR generalist role with proven experience in recruiting and strategic HR programs.
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of employment laws and regulations including but not limited to Title VII, FLSA, OSHA, multi-state Workers' Compensation, ERISA, FMLA/MMLA, COBRA, HIPAA, etc.
- Proven success managing employee relations programs with the ability to coach and advise managers.
- Experience in coordinating and implementing training programs.
- Experience with contemporary applicant tracking systems, LinkedIn, and other recruiting sites.
- Proven organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills necessary.
- Exceptional customer- service, communication (writing, editing, verbal, and presentation) skills necessary. Ability to communicate with all levels in the organization, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (collaboration, advanced problem-solving orientation and decision making, teamwork, conflict resolution) with ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion; and maintaining a high level of professionalism and strict confidentiality.
- Proven skill with Microsoft Office, Excel and HRIS systems a must.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.