Revenue Recognition Accountant
Job ID: BH486895
Category: Revenue Accountant, Accounting Manager, Accounting and Finance
Principal Revenue Recognition Accountant
6 Month Contract
Job Location: Austin, TX, Dublin, CA, or Minneapolis, MN
Industry: Software Development, ERP Software
Size: Company is 4000 employees, 6-8 on Accounting/Finance team
Interview Process: All virtual – Jenny Vanta (Chief Accounting Officer) will do additional call, 3 other people – Senior Managers (in Austin) and Global Controller (in UK); 30-45 mins via Teams
GAAP, SOX compliance
ASC 606 and software industry experience
4 years of experience
Big 4 preferred
We’re here for the hard-working businesses that keep the world turning. They’re the companies who make, deliver, and sell the things we all need. They trust us to help them do business better. Their industries are our industries, and we understand them better than anyone. By working hand-in-hand with our customers, we get to know their business almost as well as they do. Our innovative solution sets are carefully curated to fit their needs and built to respond flexibly to their fast-changing reality. We accelerate every customers’ ambitions, whether to grow and transform, or simply become more productive and effective. That’s what makes us the essential partners for the world’s most essential businesses.
The Revenue Recognition Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring revenue transactions are accounted for in accordance with GAAP and internal revenue accounting policy. This positions will perform technical accounting research, maintain revenue recognition policies, assist in complex deal reviews, and help streamline the revenue close process.
• Review complex licensing arrangements for appropriate revenue recognition and document conclusions
• Ensures compliance with GAAP, SOX, and internal control policies and procedures.
• Performs technical accounting research and prepares memorandums.
• Assists on special projects and provides ad hoc reports as needed.
• Collaborate with the Sales, Legal and Product Management Teams in an advisory capacity when launching new products and during customer contract negotiations, providing insights into potential Revenue Recognition pitfalls and identify solutions as appropriate
• Assist with the maintenance and updates of the global revenue recognition policy
• Prepare journal entries and reconciliations relating to revenue
• Maintain and update internal control documentation and support audits of related controls
• Collaborate with the FPA (Financial Planning & Analysis) team on revenue forecasts
• Assist with internal and external auditors for revenue inquiries
• Technical accounting and research
• ASC 606 and SW Industry revenue recognition
• Strong attention to detail and process oriented
• Excellent Excel and data analysis skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter with the ability to manage time and stay organized
• 6+ years accounting experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• CPA License preferred
• Big 4 experience preferred
• Software/SaaS experience a plus
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.