Benefits: Leave of Absence and Accommodations Specialist
Job ID: BH486753
Category: Human Resources
Client Job Title: Leave of Absence and Accommodations Specialist
Contract Duration: 6 months
Job Location: Atlanta, GA 30309
Hours: 40 hrs/week, 8 hrs/day
2+ years of related benefits or employee benefit administration experience
Familiarity with pertinent federal and state regulations affecting disability and leave programs, including FMLA, ADA, and MA PFML and other state and local leave laws.
Microsoft Word & Outlook Proficiency
Workday experience highly preferred
The Leave of Absence and Accommodations Specialist will be reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Benefits and will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the companies leave of absence and time off policies for 3,000 plus employees in the US.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Assist employees with leave of absence programs, including Medical, Parental and Family leaves, MA Family and Medical Leave Act (MA PFML), short-term disability, long-term disability and Federal FMLA.
- Maintain communications with employees, managers and HR Business Partners regarding leave, modified work schedules and benefits, while managing end-to-end process with Workday and leave administrators.
- Coordinate with third-party solutions and administrators to ensure timely notifications and accurate communications to facilitate a smooth and timely return to work.
- Coordinate and audit time entry procedures with employees, managers, Payroll and Business Partners.
- Conduct leaves of absence time entry trainings for staff and managers.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests
- Identify and troubleshoot process improvements with Digital team and envision employee experience enhancements.
- Serve as trusted advisor and work with global teams for implementation and administration of international time off and leave plans.
- Work with legal team to identify best practices for administration and tracking.
- Serve as point of contact for accommodation requests and ADA requirements and reporting.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years related benefits or employee benefit administration experience.
- Familiarity with pertinent federal and state regulations affecting disability and leave programs, including FMLA, ADA, and MA PFML and other state and local leave laws.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong written and verbal communications.
- Good judgement and ability to work autonomously.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task and manage changing demands with a sense of urgency.
- Experience with Workday is highly preferred.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across teams.
- A desire to be part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.