Job ID: BH486320
Category: Executive Assistant
Contract to Hire
Job Location: Boston (Hybrid, 2 days a week start in July)
Need to be vaccinated
Company Information, Industry, Size: Non Profit
Interview Process: Virtual
- 1-3 years of admin experience
- Non Profit
Summary of Position:
The Project Associate, Strategy & Impact performs independent project tasks, as well as directed administrative duties and general support for the Strategy and Operations team (which is comprised of the AVP of Strategy and Impact, two Director level roles and a Senior Project Manager). In this role, the Project Associate will be responsible for supporting and coordinating a dynamic portfolio of projects and activities. The Project Associate will be responsible for supporting the administration and execution of grantmaking processes and key stakeholder communications, as well as providing dedicated support to Families with Young Children portfolio. The position requires a high level of professionalism and confidentiality in interactions with staff, outside agencies and volunteer leadership.
• Provides administrative support to the AVP, Strategy & Impact. This support will include scheduling and meeting assistance, coordination across other teams and departments, preparation of presents and materials, and coordination of invoices.
• Perform administrative tasks for the Director, Families with Young Children including calendaring, planning and scheduling meetings, database management, communications, grant operational needs, and other administrative duties.
• Work with the Director, Budget and Operations and the Operations team to support aspects of annual budgeting and grantmaking process. This may include scheduling and coordinating budget meetings, preparing grant agreements, and communicating with grantees.
• Work in partnership with the Senior Project Manager to support scheduling, preparation of materials, and communications for meetings of volunteer leadership and key stakeholders, particularly Commission on Strategic Priorities.
• Respond quickly, courteously, and professionally to internal and external requests in accordance with mission.
• Maintain accurate and complete databases, documents, and records in efficient and understandable manner and with a high degree of accuracy.
• Participate in various committee and board meetings and planning for events, where appropriate – support registration/attendance; note-taking, etc.
• Create forms, doodle polls, and Zoom links as required for meeting logistics; capture information as needed.
• Designs PowerPoint presentations and materials.
• Create and manage groups, reports and exports using the MAVEN database, under supervision of the Data Strategy and Insight team.
• Submit expense reports and invoices as needed to Finance department.
• Submit and manage FwYC and Strategy & Impact marketing jobs as needed.
• Play a key support role by coordinating communications, registration, and materials required for events/conferences/meetings.
• Reserve rooms and place food orders as needed.
• Serve as lead registration and note-taking professional events
• Perform special projects utilizing organizational skills and individual judgment as requested.
• Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 1-3 years of research or administrative assistant experience or equivalent, with experience performing independent projects
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Familiarity working with database systems
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Effective interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
• Aptitude for detail and commitment to accuracy and follow through
• Ability to author, accurately edit, and proofread documents and correspondence
• Ability to work on independent projects, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to respond resourcefully under varying conditions
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
Reports to AVP, Strategy & Impact with a dotted line to the Director, Families with Young Children. Also works closely with the Director, Budget and Operations and Senior Project Manager of Strategy & Impact and other members of Strategy and Impact with direction and oversight from the AVP.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.