Job ID: BH485257
Category: Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant
Client Job Title: Executive Assistant
Duration: ASAP start. 3-4+ months, convert
Location: Fully onsite – Washington Heights
Hours: 35 hours per week. Non-exempt. 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Industry: Higher Education University
Company Size: 20,000+
Department: Medical School
Company Info: For more than 250 years, this university has been a leader in higher education in the nation and around the world. At the core of our wide range of academic inquiry is the commitment to attract and engage the best minds in pursuit of greater human understanding, pioneering new discoveries and service to society.
Interview Process: 1-2 Zoom interviews, must successfully complete systems training requirements.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience
- 3+ years of executive assistant experience
- Advanced typing skills
- Expert command of English language
- Medical industry experience/ medical and scientific terminology knowledge
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and work autonomously within the scope of responsibilities.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently, as well as part of a team.
- Individual must have strong interpersonal, writing, and organizational skills.
- Display high level of confidentiality and administrative skills to support a senior faculty member with a diverse administrative portfolio of activities.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to make decisions quickly and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and diplomatic savvy to enable effective interactions with personnel at all levels of the organization and to appropriately represent the Director and the Department in a positive manner.
- Consistent, positive demeanor in the face of sometimes stressful communications necessary.
- Ability to take initiative, but also to accept direction and seek guidance appropriately.
The Executive Assistant supports the Director of Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplantation. Performs comprehensive administrative services and routine duties of a responsible and discretionary nature to relieve the Director of administrative and clerical detail. The Executive Assistant is responsible for complete clerical detail and documentation of the Director’s Office. Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship to day-to-day activities and tasks of the Director. The Executive Assistant works fairly and independently, receiving minimal supervision and guidance, but also accepts direction and seeks guidance as appropriate. The Executive Assistant possesses expert knowledge of office routine, machines, and information systems, as well as understanding of the academic organization, political protocol programs and procedures related to the work of the Director. Interacts in a courteous manner with all inside and outside constituents of the university at all times.
- Maintains Director’s calendar, including continual refinement of scheduling meetings and appointments.
- Generates and proof-reads academic correspondence; prepares and distributes letters, abstracts, manuscripts, grant applications, protocols, forms, letters of reference and reports on behalf of and for the Director, which are often of a sensitive/confidential nature and maintains appropriate file copies.
- Creates, maintains, and updates CV, bibliography, conflict of interest records and submissions, financial records, spreadsheets and databases (e.g. for storage of records, patent lists, mailing lists, personnel lists, etc.) as appropriate. Maintains materials for documenting Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits on an ongoing basis.
- Answers telephones and emails in a timely and polite manner; places and accepts telephone calls on behalf of Director. Primarily responsible for ensuring all technical communications are up and running for all meetings/phone calls ahead of
- Meets regularly with Director concerning daily assignments and progress on request; prioritizes Director’s tasks and own work for the day and the week; ensures that the Director is informed regarding schedule of appointments, project progress, etc.
- Meets regularly with Director to review ongoing office activities.
- Coordinates meetings, luncheons, lectures, conferences, etc. including scheduling, preparing agenda, distributing reminders, and arranging for refreshments, conference room, and transportation/lodging as needed.
- Cross-covers for other staff members for breaks, lunches, vacations, etc. and during variations in workflow as needed/requested.
- Maintains a current list of all daily protocols, passwords and activities of the Director’s office.
- Performs special projects for Director of Manager as may arise from time-to-time.
- Arranges for Director’s travel including arranging airline, accommodations, auto rental and ground transportation reservations; prepares Travel Expense Report, Non-University Reimbursement forms, and any other travel paperwork necessary to process reimbursement and submits receipts for reimbursement to conference /meeting sponsors and/or as appropriate.
- Assists laboratory members with meeting deadlines, preparation of manuscripts and abstracts, correspondence, mailing, overnight delivery, ordering office supplies as needed.
- Performs related duties & responsibilities as assigned/requested.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.