Staff Accountant – Fixed Assets
Job ID: BH483665
Category: Staff Accountant, Fixed Assets Accountant
Staff Accountant – Fixed Assets
Location: Bolingbrook, IL – Hybrid/flexible – Must come into the office 6x per month
Hours: 40 per week
Co Size: 10,000+
Company Info: Largest U.S. beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. Top national retailer offering the complete beauty experience. Brings possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including our own private label.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Technical accounting knowledge and an understanding of financial processes and internal controls.
- Effective analytical skills to make appropriate judgments based on policies and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task as needed in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Understanding of financial processes and internal controls
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- 2–3 years of accounting experience, fixed asset experience is a plus
- High transaction volume experience, fixed asset experience is a plus
- CPA preferred
The Staff Accountant – Fixed Assets helps the team account for capital projects by maintaining the fixed asset ledgers. Responsibilities include preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, and reviewing variances in order to maintain accurate and complete records of fixed assets. This individual is also responsible for the accurate and timely processing of approved fixed asset vendor invoices, collaboration with business partners to understand capital projects, and maintaining proper internal control procedures.
YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
- Responsible for understanding fixed asset policies and procedures to ensure the proper accounting treatment for all fixed asset acquisitions, transfers, and retirements.
- Analyze account balances and maintain SAP fixed asset sub-ledger (review projects in CIP for completion, identify disposals, perform review of impaired assets, calculate accelerated depreciation, reconcile fixed asset accounts to the general ledger, etc.).
- Build relationships with business partners to gain understanding of fixed asset purchases and provide guidance regarding capitalization policies and proper accounting treatment of fixed asset invoices.
- Review and process fixed asset purchase orders / invoices and use judgement to determine appropriate general ledger coding and accounting treatment.
- Reconcile vendor fixture funding to expenditures for both capital and expense projects. Research variances and follow up with business partners to ensure proper collection of vendor funds.
- Prepare account reconciliations and journal entries for fixed asset accounts – including capital and depreciation accruals.
- Help ensure compliance with internal control policies and procedures. Compile supporting documents for internal and external auditors during quarter and fiscal year ends.
- Actively participate in the period, quarter, and year-end accounting close through review of account balances, variance analysis, and documentation of findings.
- Understand the Cloud Computing Arrangements (SaaS) policy and provide direction to business partners. Maintain the prepaid account reconciliation, analyze expenses, and prepare accrual journal entries.
- Participate in department projects and initiatives.
- Assist with ad hoc requests from the business involving evaluation and analysis of data.
- Perform other routine and non-routine functions as assigned by management.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.