Senior Accountant – External Reporting
Job ID: BH482954
Category: Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Senior Accountant – Accounting / External Reporting
The position is responsible for supporting the financial close and reporting process, including compilation of SEC reporting documents, share-based compensation, performing research for and documenting technical accounting assessments, and assisting with the internal and external audit process. The position requires a high energy, results oriented person with strong technical accounting skills responsible for high quality financial reporting in a multi-task environment.
- Assist in the preparation and review of the Company’s periodic SEC filings including 10-Qs, 10-Ks, 8-Ks, Proxy filings, etc.
- Assist with administering the equity plan and share-based compensation accounting.Assist with performing internal operational and SOX audits
- Preparing and maintaining documentation supporting the Company’s internal controls (SOX 404) compliance requirements.
- Participate in worldwide month-end close, prepare journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Responsible for the certain corporate accounting activities including variance analyses, forecasting and annual budget reporting.
- Research and resolve various accounting and US GAAP reporting issues and questions that arise.
- Assists with other accounting and reporting tasks or special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance. Candidate must have a CPA license or must be working toward CPA licensure.
- Relevant experience from a combination of 3+ years with either a large public CPA firm or public company industry experience.
- Internal controls (SOX 404) experience.
- Understanding of share-based compensation accounting.
- Current understanding of technical accounting pronouncements and SEC rules and regulations.
- Strong Excel proficiency and Word skills.
- Detail oriented and well organized with the ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
- Specific technical accounting experience related to share-based compensation and SOX 404.
- Exposure to the preparation of periodic public filings 10Qs, 10Ks, & 8-Ks.
- Experience with SAP.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.