Benefits, Comp & HRIS: Sr Dir
Job ID: BH482687
Category: Director of Compensation and Benefits
Specialty: Human Resources
The Sr. Director of Benefits, Compensation & HRIS provides leadership on benefit and compensation philosophy, strategy, design and implementation, that aligns with business strategy and market competitiveness. Experience in establishing benefit programs that deliver on what is expected as well as engages and supports employees overall wellbeing. Designs, develops and implements a total reward strategy which supports talent attraction, retention and engagement. Provides leadership and management of HR systems, ensuring continuous evaluation and improvement of HR processes and systems so that they contribute added value and effective service delivery to the organization.
- Design, innovate and execute on health, welfare benefits to attract and retain talent. Manages and evaluates benefit programs, in partnership with our broker/partners and with an eye towards innovation, wellbeing, cost and value to employees and Company. Reviews and analyzes the benefits market to determine employee needs, trends, regulations, and practices, and either amplifies existing or recommends and develops new programs.
- Champions the communication and education of compensation and benefit programs thorough out all levels of the organization, including the brand appropriate design and implementation of communications tools improving the understanding, utilization and value of the programs.
- Develops and implements strategic and operating plans for the benefits and compensation teams. Establishes the goals, strategies, action plans and measurements required to ensure programs support business objectives.
- Hands on management of executive compensation and key partner to the CHRO, including advising on executive compensation trends to ensure competitiveness. Manages executive compensation plans and documents, ensuring compliance as required. Also supports work with the Compensation Committee and external compensation partners.
- Provides leadership to HR System team, develops strategy and ensures effective utilization and we continue to expand and evolve the role of HRIS in the business.
- Defines key HR metrics and develops practical tracking and reporting methods via dashboards.
- Builds foundational capabilities and structures in Benefits, Compensation and HRIS through the effective use of technology and scalable processes.
- Develops and maintains a written audit plan to ensure that internal and legislative policy requirements are met including current knowledge of relevant and related government rules and regulations in the areas of benefits and compensation, including ERISA, FLSA, ADA, FMLA, ACA, COBRA, OSHA, HIPAA, etc.
- Leads, coaches, mentors and inspires a team to deliver on organizational strategy and growth initiatives.
- Provides consultative advice in wide-range of topics (compensation, benefits, technology, analytics and operation efficiencies) to HR partners and cross functional partners.
- Reports to SVP, Human Resources
- Oversees Benefits, Compensation and HRIS teams
- Works closely in collaboration with all functional areas of the organization
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Progressive leadership and management experience in Benefits, Compensation and HRIS design and implementation
- Demonstrated strong financial and data analysis skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills evidencing the ability to think and act strategically
- Demonstrated ability to gain consensus in developing and implementing optimal HRIS and total reward strategies
- Experience with relevant compensation, financial, accounting and legal issues
- A history of improving processes and a commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced, fluid work environment
- A successful track record of building, mentoring and developing high-performance teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the capability of working and influencing all levels of associates
- Strong organization skills with detail orientation and proven project management capabilities including the capability of managing multiple key projects simultaneously
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years of management experience in benefits, compensation and systems in similar industry
- Retail experience preferred
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.