Benefits and Compensation Specialist
Job ID: BH481135
Category: Benefits: LOA, Benefits Administrator
Specialty: Human Resources
A non-profit organization based in New York, NY seeks a Benefits and Compensation Specialist for a 3-4+ month contract assignment with the potential to convert to a permanent employee
- Benefits experience including leaves
- Compensation experience including salary scales
- ADP Workforce Now experience
- Non-profit and/or union environment experience
- Manage the administration of all company leaves of absence, including federal, state and local leaves, reasonable accommodation under ADA, personal leave, military leave, etc.
- Create and maintain complete and accurate leave files.
- Educate employees on all company benefits programs via email communications, internal marketing, one on one conversations, group presentations, and benefits fairs.
- Conduct and facilitate open enrollment, ensuring all employees can enroll in benefits if eligible and interested; assist with enrollment process when necessary and answer employee questions regarding benefits offered or eligibility; inform employees of changes to benefits plan or structure.
- Assist employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Assist with New Hire Orientation and facilitate the benefits portion on an as needed basis.
- Prepare and maintain OSHA logs and annual reports requested by OSHA and the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
- Track Family Medical Leave (FMLA, state specific LOA, personal LOA and Workers Compensation LOA, ADA).
- Analyze employee benefits data to ensure accuracy, including service from third party vendors.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for employees and manage leave inquiries, advising employees and managers on the leave process and related policies.
- Coordinate and process the intake of leave requests, sending required notices, forms and letters, and determining leave eligibility.
- Ensure compliance of all federal, state and local leaves.
- Track leave time working with HRIS and Payroll.
- Ensures all payroll transactions related to leaves of absences are accurate. Including compliance with the Earned Time policy.
- Communicate with employees, managers and human resources professionals to coordinate the return to work process, including accommodation requests and leave expirations.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of federal, state and local leave laws and regulations.
- Develop, generate and present reports on a regular basis to analyze LOA and accommodation data and trends.
- Preserves confidentiality and maintain accurate medical documentation and files.
- Additional benefits administration and other duties assigned as appropriate.
- Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Works effectively as a contributing HR team member, and serves as a backup for general questions.
- Stays abreast of regulatory environment and ensures compliance in assigned benefits areas.
- Stays abreast of the regulatory environment and ensures compliance in assigned benefits areas. Review current company salary structure.
- Review exemption status.
- Complete a salary analysis comparing current salaries and total compensation against market rates.
- Ensure that the company pay scale complies with applicable laws and regulations.
- Create new salary scales and structures based on the strategic plan, market information, and guidance from the Director of Human Resources and the Executive Director.
- Provide a plan to implement the newly created salary structure.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.