Senior Intercompany Accountant
Job ID: BH477731
Category: Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
International staffing and consulting firm experiencing explosive, both organically and through acquisition is in need of a intercompany accountant. With multiple divisions in multiple countries, revenue has to be moved within companies.
Senior Intercompany Accountant
Hybrid or Remote
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and implement efficiencies in intercompany processes.
- Process weekly intercompany payments and settlement process.
- Prepare intercompany reconciliations for management review.
- Assist in elimination of intercompany balances in consolidation.
- Work with controller to accounting policies and issues principally related to intercompany transactions
- Track and record intercompany sales reports domestically and globally
- Support the Corporate Controller with all month-end and year-end close responsibilities
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and post month-end journal entries
- Analyze financial statements and provide commentary on variances and discrepancies
- Reconcile client billings to consultant payroll
- Review foreign exchange rate conversions and reconcile FX adjustments
- Reconcile bank statements and analyzing trends in treasury activities
- Assist in the company’s migration to WorkDay ERP
- Identify and implement best practices and more efficient processes to streamline all aspects of the company’s finance and accounting systems
- Review accounts receivable and provide analysis and recommendations to improve cashflow
- Assist back office team when necessary with client billings based upon various and unique invoicing requirements
- Maintain existing databases and excel spreadsheets; create new spreadsheets and comparable documents as necessary
- Other various projects and special assignments from the Chief Financial Officer and the Corporate Controller
Skills & Abilities
- Solid experience and understanding of general accounting (primarily accounts receivable / billings and payroll)
- Staffing / consulting industry experience (or comparable service-based business) is a plus
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, learn quickly, and maintain sensitivity to confidential nature of projects
- Highly effective communicate skills with a positive attitude
- Above average computer skills and speed to accommodate high volume of activity
- Highly fluent in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel)
- Proven track record of following through on issues to timely resolution
- Superior customer service skills and organizational ability
- Must have strong work ethic and professional attitude
- Resides within a close proximity to Deerfield, IL or Western Springs, IL (20 mile radius)
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA preferred or progress towards CPA
- Workday experience desired
- 2-5 years of related corporate accounting experience
- Experience working in a professional services industry a strong plus
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.