Job ID: BH477236
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Practice Assistant
- GED/High School Diploma
- Min. of 1 year of applicable work experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Healthcare Experience – preferably Ambulatory care and/or Primary Care Experience
- EPIC Experience
The Practice Assistant will provide administrative and customer support to the staff and patients of the clinic by performing the tasks outlined below.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform duties under moderate supervision with intermediate to advanced proficiency in administrative skills.
- Act as a super user for scheduling, registration, and billing systems. Provide training and assistance to others in these areas.
- May perform more complex or specialized functions (i.e. radiology scheduling) at highest competency level.
- Utilize knowledge of HMO’s, managed care and other third party insurers, and troubleshoot insurance issues as appropriate.
- Assist with training and orienting staff as needed.
- Provide cross coverage as needed.
- Assist with special projects as directed.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Participate in process improvement groups.
- Participate in trainings in respect to care coordination, supporting patients in self-management, self-efficacy and behavior change, patient population management, and communication skills, as directed and required for the role.
- Extended and/or weekend hours required.
- Assist co-workers in their duties (within the limitations of training and scope of practice).
- Staff is expected to participate in regular team meetings as well as ongoing continuous improvement efforts.
- All other duties as prescribed.
Level of education required:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
Work experience required:
- Minimum one year applicable work experience required.
- Some additional training in office systems or other post high school education preferred.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Technical skills required:
- Knowledge of practice operations and standards.
- Understanding of procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
- Phone skills: Ability to use phone system (answer and screen calls, put on hold), handle more complex calls and give more detailed information.
- Verbal skills: Ability to interpret information as appropriate, answer more complex questions in the most professional manner and communicate in a professional, courteous, clear and concise manner.
- Organization Skills: Ability to manage work processes in a neat and orderly way and to sort and alphabetize. Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, follows established protocols, and work within systems.
- Writing Skills: Ability to correspond and communicate with others clearly and effectively in writing (via e-mail, memo or interoffice note) and to take complete and accurate messages.
- System Skills: Ability to type accurately and enter data at an intermediate level. Advanced computer skills. Ability to use all applicable applications at highest competency level.
- Understanding of the appropriate use and importance of related forms.
- Intermediate understanding and use of medical terminology.
- Intermediate comprehension of insurance types and referral process.
- Intermediate comprehension of registration and fiscal information.
- Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, State and Federal requirements (where applicable)
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.