Revenue Accounting Manager
Job ID: BH475846
Category: Revenue Accountant, Accounting Manager
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
The Revenue Manager reports directly to the Director of Accounting and working with the 3PL and external revenue consultant, this role will be responsible for leading the Order-to-Cash cycle. The ideal candidate thrives in a nimble and fast-paced working environment and enjoys collaborating with cross-functional teams ensuring timely and accurate revenue reporting.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all accounting aspects of the Order-to-Cash process that include managing and reviewing third-party AR invoice billing, collection, and cash application, and take ownership of the gross-to-net model prepared by the external consultant, revenue recognition, reporting and analytics.
- Lead monthly, quarterly and annual revenue close activities, including working closely with FP&A, business partners, and external consultants in developing key assumptions used in the Gross-to-Net model, revenue related accounts reconciliations, disclosures, and other reporting requirements.
- Coordinate with US Distribution and Global Supply Chain to ensure accurate and timely accounting for inventory and cost of goods sold.
- Partner with third-party billings and collections team to ensure quality of billings and timely collections.
- Review and evaluate executed revenue contracts and revenue-related accounting memos in collaboration with internal and external teams to ensure revenue and gross to net adjustments are recognized in accordance with IFRS and company policy.
- Collaborate with the corporate Finance to maintain and update company revenue accounting policies.
- Perform and document SOX internal controls over assigned areas to ensure effectiveness of controls over revenue transactions and reporting.
- Liaise directly with internal and external auditors regarding revenue inquiries and provide relevant deliverables.
- Provide ad-hoc analyses and support the Business Development and Finance team, as needed
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and SOX Section 404
- A motivated self-starter with a continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate professional, clear and effective communication across all levels, geographic offices and external service providers and consultants.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA and IFRS experience a plus
- 3-5 years of progressive revenue accounting experience with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a public company environment
- Proven record in managing multiple and competing priorities; ability to adapt accordingly in a dynamic environment
- Biopharma or healthcare industry experience a plus
- Strong general ledger and ERP system skills, Oracle Fusion experience a plus
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.