Grants Manager-Post Award
Job ID: BH472733
Category: Grants Manager, Administrative Assistant
Client Job Title: Grants Manager- Post Award
Duration: 4 months temp, possibly permanent hire
Location: Hybrid- New York, NY…Starting May 1st fully onsite.
Hours: 35 per week. Monday-Friday. Non-exempt.
Industry: Higher Education/ University
Company Size: 10,000+
Interview Process: 1-2 Zoom interviews
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of professional experience in higher education
- Microsoft office experience including (Word, Excel, etc)
- Prior post-award experience is preferred
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Grants Manager-Post Award is responsible for providing comprehensive post- award grants and management for Principal Investigators (PIs) in the Institute for Social and Economic Research and Policy (ISERP). The Grants Manager-Post Award ensures compliance with University, government and private funding agency policies, resolves financial problems, prevents overdrafts, manages reconciliation of accounts, reviews financial reports, oversees grant deposits and monitors domestic and foreign funding.
- The incumbent will be responsible for day-to-day approval of all grant related payment and procurement requests as well as journal entries, including Accounts Payable, Purchasing Requisitions, Vendor Management, grant account set up and Purchasing Cards, Salary Distributions and Cost Transfers in Accounting and Reporting at Columbia (ARC), the University's system of financial records and Concur the Travel and Expense Reimbursement management system.
- In addition, they will provide approval of all grant related payroll transactions for Casuals and Support Staff.
- The incumbent will be responsible for processing and tracking additional salary compensation from grant accounts, and conveying information regarding salary and tracking of salary distributions for grant funded personnel.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities requested.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.