HR Business Partner (Sr)
Job ID: BH442058
Category: HR Business Partner
Specialty: Human Resources
Job Title: HR Business Partner
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, social sciences, business, or a related field
- 5 years in a multidiscipline HR environment including, recruitment, training, comp, benefits, and performance management
- 2 years experience as an HR Generalist or HR Business Partner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Teams, etc.)
- Case Management System (CMS) Experience
- Master's Degree
- PHR/SPHR or other HR Certification
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Sr. Human Resources Business Partner serves as an advisor to selected departments located within the hospital. The Human Resources Business Partner provides strategic support and HR services in the areas of organizational design and development, change management, recruitment, training, employee relations, and compensation analysis. He/she establishes and maintains solid working relationships with all levels of management and staff and works with senior leadership to strategically and proactively analyze, monitor and address HR efforts related to improving the work environment of his/her customers. He/she drives or participates on projects and large-scale initiatives in support of the business unit(s) and/or the HR department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior HRBP maintains all of the responsibilities of an HRBP in addition to:
- In conjunction with leaders, develops and implements an action plan to achieve overall HR Strategy in department/division to drive organizational/system-wide business results.
- Develops and evaluates overall trends/themes across departments/divisions to understand and address root causes.
- Identifies strategies for organizational Workforce Planning & Development Plan for departments/divisions.
- Manages complex employee relations cases that may include senior management, bargaining units, administrative and professional staff
- Understands desired Culture and develops strategies to close gaps for departments/divisions.
- Creates new and updates HR policies and practices as indicated.
- Provides leadership and guidance to less seasoned and new staff.
- In conjunction with leaders, creates strategic human capital plans that are linked to business strategy and focused on a high performance culture in which all colleagues thrive. Areas of the plans include workforce planning and development, diversity and inclusion, engagement, leadership development, continuity and talent review, onboarding, orientation, compensation, retention, change management, and culture.
- Data and analytics are used as part of the assessments and include patient experience HCAPs results, culture of safety survey results, culture survey results, diversity & inclusion survey results, employee and labor relations trends/data, engagement survey results, compensation analyses, workforce analytics (e.g. 90 day, one year and two year turnover), internal labor movement data and other sources of feedback.
- Ensures business teams have a clear purpose & goals, reviews effectiveness of leadership and teamwork, ensures opportunities for team member growth and development, processes for continuous performance improvement and metrics for measuring team progress.
- Develops change management plans with leaders, as needed. Works with leaders and teams to create a culture of ownership, diversity, respect, equity and inclusion.
- Partners with People & Organizational Development team to conduct OD analyses and interventions within groups as needed. Interventions may include coaching managers and staff, developing departmental policies and communications, and facilitating training, meetings, and committees. May manage smaller interventions independently, with shadow consultation.
- Advises managers in conjunction with Talent Acquisition to facilitate problem solving, prepare job descriptions and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Support the Talent Acquisition team in developing effective recruitment strategies for assigned business customers.
- Provides subject matter expertise, market knowledge, and knowledge of the operations of business partners.
- Leverages relationships with departments to set recruiters up for success.
- Participates in recruitment related events, partnerships, and strategies as needed.
- Consults with managers and Compensation department regarding job analysis and evaluation, market and equity reviews.
- Consults with and advises managers and employees on employee relations issues. May include:
- Policy communication and interpretation
- Guidance on performance management, corrective action, and terminations
- Utilization of organization resources such as training resources, EAP, and DE&I
- Liaison between employees/managers and central Benefits, Payroll, Commuter Services, and other functions for more complex questions.
- Manage grievance process in conjunction with Employee & Labor Relations
- Provides sound guidance that results in a positive and respectful employee relations environment that is in compliance with federal and state laws and organization policies.
- Consults with Employee & Labor Relations, Office of the General Counsel and other functional departments as needed to successfully investigate and manage employee relations issues.
- Reviews ADA accommodation requests and conducts discussions with employees making requests.
- Identifies, develops, or delivers trainings and presentations as needed, as an extension of system initiatives or specific to the functional area. This includes routine presentations to all levels of departmental management and staff at senior leadership meetings, retreats, department-wide meetings, and smaller group meetings. Subjects and topics include HR policies and procedures and communication of initiatives impacting the department.
- Maintains an organization-wide and system-wide perspective when making HR & business decisions.
- Acts as liaison to all HR Centers of Expertise (Compensation, Benefits, TA, HR Ops, etc.)
- Manages PeopleSoft queue in a timely and efficient manner. Ensures compliance with organization policies in transactions.
- Partners with appropriate staff to create procedures and technical solutions to streamline administrative processes and reporting within the department.
- Contributes to the development, enhancement, and maintenance of departmental position control systems and dashboards.
- Collaborates with other areas within the organization to provide excellent customer service.
- Manages administrative consolidations of groups and individuals moving onto the payroll from affiliate payrolls.
- Acts as resource on committees and sub-committees for HR initiatives; provides support and assistance leading HR efforts as needed to assigned business units.
- Using independent judgment, escalates issues to senior leadership as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality and respects individual sensitivities.
- Participates in all team meetings and additional projects as assigned.
- Use/s our values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, one of the social sciences, business, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a multidiscipline Human Resources environment, including recruitment, training, compensation, benefits and performance management. A minimum of 2 years as a Human Resources Generalist or Business Partner with a focus in employee relations. Labor relations experience a plus.
- Masters Degree, PHR/SPHR, or other HR certification a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and HRIS web-based tools such as PeopleSoft.
- A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
- Business Acumen – the ability to understand and apply information to develop the departments/divisions action plan. Must have business-savvy to offer relevant and value-add
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.