Job ID: BH441567
Category: Financial Analyst
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Job Location: Cary, NC – Remote/Hybrid within NC
Interview Process: Video w. CFO, Video w. another member of the finance team
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or business administration.
- 5-8 years’ experience in accounting and finance
- Experience at a software company
- Experience with SAP, Hyperion, COGNOS, Tagetik
The FP&A Analyst will be responsible for revenue recognition for the Company’s products, services, and customer contracts. Accurate reporting of revenue in accordance with US GAAP via the accurate interpretation of complex contracts. Acts as the NetSuite administrator (Company’s ERP system) for the department. The FP&A Analyst will help to identify and implement improved accounting processes for sales contracts from the proposal phase through invoicing and revenue recognition.
- Assist in the management of the monthly revenue close process, ensuring that all contracts, terminations, and credit memos are processed in accordance with US GAAP and company policies. Utilizes the Company’s applicable software and database systems, including ERP (NetSuite) and CRM (MS Dynamics) to obtain necessary information. Ensures the integrity of key revenue processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls.
- Review contracts for accuracy and completeness, including collaboration with other departments to resolve issues, with full authority for final approval for contracts up to $25,000 in value. Submits contracts to CFO or designee for final approval if contract value will exceed this amount.
- Responsible for retaining all fully executed customer contracts and integrating the details of each contract into the Company’s ERP system and disseminates information as needed to cover unique scenarios. Ensures the details of all sales commissions are loaded correctly into the ERP system.
- Manages the analysis of bookings-related information, to include data outlining net-new growth and other specific factors. This information is used for FP&A and compensation-related activities.
- Manages revenue and OPEX forecasting, for one and three-year outlooks as well as performance of KPIs (churn, sales efficiency, margins, etc). Utilizes billing information to create cash flow reports.
- Monthly preparation, review, analysis, and reconciliation of assigned revenue-related and OPEX accounts; ensure proper GAAP accounting treatment.
- As NetSuite administrator, acts as point of contact for the Company’s ERP system, including changes or enhancements, efficiency and effectiveness improvements including reports, and training.
- Reconcile AR and Deferred Revenue accounts and book-related entries in general ledger system.
- Communicate with clients about billing discrepancies and questions. Provides information as needed to support Accounts Payable activities and may get involved in unusual and/or complex collections on past-due accounts. Interacts with customers to resolve outstanding issues.
- Conduct account research and analysis for FP&A purposes including month-over-month analysis of Revenue and Expenses . May provide ad-hoc reports as requested for high-level strategic analysis by Sales and/or CEO, as well as Board consumption.
- Send invoices and/or statements to customers.
- Responsible for the monthly commission accrual/payment process, to include all applicable calculations, the review of all adjustments to commission plans, and the submission of a final report to the CFO and CCO for approval, and distribution of commission statements to sales force. Submits all payment information to payroll for processing and responds to inquiries from the Sales team as needed regarding their commission payments
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.