Administrative Assistant (Sr.)
Job ID: BH440704
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Sr.)
– Associate degree or related experience
– Minimum of 3 years of applicable administrative experience
– Must be proficient with Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and other MS Office software
– Bachelor’s degree
– Past responsibilities involving calendar management and the support of leaders in a large, complex, matrix organization
– Experience supporting multiple administrative leaders
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage multiple complex schedules, including the planning and timely notification of meetings and appointments using independent judgment in setting priorities and proposing alternatives to meetings; this includes meeting preparation
· Arranges facilitates and manages meetings, compiling required documentation, and generating minutes as appropriate.
· Collaborate with other senior administrative support staff, EAs, and individuals outside of the organization to ensure sound calendar management, the adequate balance of meeting time, work time and general availability
· Ensure adequate travel time in schedules
· Communicate schedule changes promptly
· Proactively identify calendar conflicts and works with directors to resolve
· Support and set up for the departmental, individual, small group, and committee/working group/task force meetings
· Ensure meeting participants have accurate meeting logistics (location, directions, etc.)
· Arranges for conference room, catering, and technical support (i.e., projector, teleconferencing services) and prepares materials as necessary Provide customer-friendly support to answer questions and resolve issues following appropriate policies and procedures
· Handle confidential matters with the utmost discretion
· Uses independent judgment to manage workload and responsibilities, as well as solve problems
· Provide support and coordination for activities for the department, including seminars, conferences, meetings, and committees.
· Maintain office files and systems to ensure the easy retrieval of documents and correspondence.
· Assists with correspondence, filing, telephone coverage, routing routine mail, and other administrative activities
· Assists with interview schedules and travel arrangements for potential faculty candidates.
· Provides support for departmental initiatives and special projects, as assigned by the Program manager.
· Prepares and tracks expense reports
· Develops and maintains effective and highly professional working relationships with departmental and hospital administration, faculty, trainees, and staff as necessary to carry out goals/projects.
· Often performs other duties as assigned or as responsibilities necessitate.
· Provides back-up coverage for other Senior Administrative Assistants as well as to the Executive Assistant to the Chair
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.