VITA Tax Preparers
Job ID: BH438961
Category: Tax Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Tax Reviewer Seasonal Position (January 2022 – April 2022)
Position Description and Responsibilities:
Quality Reviewers play a vital role in working with Tax Assistance Program (TAP) clients to ensure that their individual income tax returns are prepared accurately.
Quality Reviewers check a client’s tax return in detail after it has been prepared by a volunteer tax preparer. Quality Reviewers also ensure that the client’s confidential data and paperwork are properly stored and marked appropriately for record keeping and e-file (if applicable). Quality Reviewers will often be required to step into the role of Client Case Reviewer (to assist with the initial in-depth screening and analysis of a client’s tax situation) and/or Tax Preparer (to prepare the tax return).
Looking for friendly, professional, and detail-oriented individuals who will provide clients with a high-quality tax preparation experience.
Tax Preparation and Review (70%)
– Promptly and accurately complete and/or review client returns while at a tax site
– Review client paperwork to ensure that all documents have been filled out by clients and that the tax return reflects the information shared by the client
– Support the skill building of peer tax preparers and volunteers by providing constructive feedback during the review process
– Always treat clients professionally, with courtesy and respect
Tax Assistance Program – Quality Reviewer
FY 2021-2022 Tax Site Operations (30%)
– Assist with the set up and break down of the site materials as needed
– At request of the Site Leader/Site Manager, assist in any of the open tax site volunteer roles including Client Case Reviewer, Tax Preparer, and/or Quality Reviewer
– Comply with IRS Quality Site Requirements
– Protect and maintain confidentiality of client information
– Ensure adherence to the standards of conduct outlined by the IRS in Form
– Excellent leadership and customer service skills
– Enthusiastic and positive attitude
– Highly organized, detail-oriented, and flexible in a dynamic environment
– Open to working at multiple tax sites
– Background in taxes or VITA experience is not required but considered a plus
– Experience preparing income tax returns and/or using tax software preferred, but not required
Training will be provided
This seasonal position is active from January through the end of the filing season (typically on or around April 15).
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.