Job ID: BH438736
Category: Human Resources
Specialty: Human Resources
Independently perform activities associated with the recruitment and onboarding of new employees for a designated school/unit. Consult as needed with managers and HR generalists on job titles, descriptions and requirements, grades and starting salary ranges. Screen applicants for basic qualifications using compliant data management techniques. Review resumes, interview candidates, and develop diverse slates of candidates and finalists for manager consideration. Conduct appropriate reference and background checking. Follow up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruitment process. Accurately communicate important employment information during delivery and negotiation of employment offers (e.g., benefits, compensation). Manage candidate activity, including dispositioning of the applicant pool in the applicant tracking system. Prepare and enter any needed data or complete paperwork relating to hiring or onboarding.
• Assist with COVID-19 protocol related activities, such as collecting, monitoring and tracking related data sets and documentation; assist during onsite COVID-19 events and follow up accordingly on related activities.
• Perform data entry associated with various Human Resources processes.
• Assist with records management, including maintaining personnel records.
• Conduct audits of various Human Resources programs as needed.
• Perform customer service function by answering employee requests and questions specifically related to Human Resources under the guidance of the Human Resources team.
• Assist in performing general office support functions necessary for the day-to-day smooth functioning of the Human Resources Office.
• Perform related duties as required.
One year of related experience in Human Resources field. Higher education may count towards experience.
Bachelor's degree in HR preferred. Experience working in a non-profit, academic, museum or similar setting is preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, with the ability to communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization. Ability to maintain confidential, sensitive and secure information.
Dumbarton Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization. Organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to maintain confidential, sensitive and secure information.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.