Job ID: BH438645
Category: Staff Accountant, Recent Graduate, Junior Financial Analyst, Junior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
We are a leading global investment firm. We work with non-profit institutions, pension plans, and private clients to build investment portfolios that help them meet their philanthropic goals, pensioners’ obligations, or personal endeavors. Our goal is to meet clients wherever they are in the investment process. We offer a variety of services to complement those needs, from acting as an outsourced investment office to providing access to our world-class digital research platform. Committed to independence since our founding more than 40 years ago, we are motivated only by what is best for our clients.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the quarterly fee calculation and invoicing of advisory services clients. This includes analysis of fees on a quarterly basis, as well as, budgeting and projecting of future fees and revenue. As revenue generated by advisory level services represents a significant portion of the firm’s total revenue, this is a critical role within the Accounting and Finance Department.
• Timely collection of portfolio data needed to calculate quarterly fees
• Calculation and invoicing of quarterly fees in a timely and accurate manner
• Maintenance of the database used to store each client’s fee schedule and portfolio detail
• Communication with clients, including but not limited to responding to client inquiries and collection calls
• Calculation of pro-forma fees for prospective clients. This will involve interaction with various internal groups including Legal, Global Business Development, and Global Investment Services
• Historical analysis of fees and revenue
• Work with the audit team during the annual audit of the financial statements
• BA/BS degree in accounting, finance or business administration, preferably with 1-2 years of experience in a related field
• Proficient in MS Office, most importantly, Access and Excel
• Must possess strong math and analytical skills
• A team oriented individual with strong organizational and communication skills
• Must work well independently with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.