HRIS & Benefits Manager
Job ID: BH438560
Category: HRIS Manager, Comp/Ben/HRIS, HRIS Analyst
Specialty: Human Resources
We are searching for an HRIS and Benefits Manager! This is a dual role with primary responsibility as the HRIS Manager. This position is responsible for working within HR and Payroll to analyze and improve work processes by leveraging information technology systems and services. The HRIS Manager serves as the lead technical point-of-contact for all HR and Payroll. This role will be responsible for managing our HRIS to achieve total functionality within the system, as well as supporting the benefits function and providing HR support to our employees globally as needed.
A Little Bit About You:
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field paired with a minimum of five years of experience managing health and welfare benefits in a generalist or payroll capacity, along with HRIS administration (UKG required)
- Often described as a “systems” thinking, you are process oriented and have significant attention to detail, but can also see the big picture and how systems interact with the day-to-day
- You have working knowledge or applicable state and federal laws including FLSA, FMLS, COBRA and ACA including reporting such as ACA and EEO-1
- Your previous experience includes being a key contributor in the selection, implementation, and support of cloud based HRIS, as well as leading technical projects from start to finish
- With the understanding that data tells a story, you can utilize and build HRIS reporting functionality, write queries, and translate this data into useable information
- You are experienced in providing training on the use of various HRIS functions to users at all levels
- You are often described as having advanced proficiency with Excel, as well as a solid understanding of the entire MS Suite of programs
The Nitty Gritty:
- Lead the administration of medical, dental, and ancillary insurance coverages.
- Manage insurance providers, third-party administrators, and other service providers for benefits administration activities.
- Oversee benefit invoice payment process and the reconciliation of various benefit reports.
- Manage all aspects of annual open enrollment, employee communications, plan design changes and recommendations, vendor relationships, and plan compliance
- Ensure compliance with ERISA and other reporting and disclosure requirements
- Generate mandatory compliance reporting such as ACA, EEO-1.
- Maintain data integrity in HRIS through creation and maintenance of appropriate configuration controls, standards and processes, as well as regular audits of data.
- Manage and monitor the overall system health and data accuracy of teammate data in HRIS. Maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Monitor existing data integrations to/from vendors and troubleshoot issues.
- Manage the review, testing, and implementation of HRIS system upgrades. Utilize test environment, where applicable, to determine the impact of the upgrades.
- Maintain HRIS tables.
- Develop user procedures, guidelines, and documentation. Train teammates on new processes/functionality.
- Provide end user support for the HR Systems, including researching and resolving system issues, unexpected results, or process flaws; and performing scheduled activities. Recommend solutions or alternate methods to resolve said issues.
- Recommend process improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or enhancements to established policies/practices for approval/implementation.
- Own the systems workflow process. Ensure system optimization, efficiency, and effectiveness. Train teammates and document processes as needed.
- Assists with additional ad hoc HR projects as needed
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.