Job ID: BH438530
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years of prev. strong administrative and customer service experience
- Strong Analytical, Organizational, Interpersonal, and Customer Service Skills
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Office & Outlook
- Healthcare or related industry experience
- HealthStream Software Experience
The education specialist is responsible for managing the e-learning platform, nursing orientation and central program, and communication channels and is expected to make judgments concerning priorities, use initiative in improving processes and systems which will contribute to attainment of organizational objectives, understand the goals and responsibilities of the organization as well as accomplishing necessary office tasks.
Reports to the Center for Nursing Excellence Business Manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
I. Administrative Support
a. Schedules appointments, meetings, etc. for the Executive Director and divisional members, locates and reserves appropriate meeting rooms.
b. Types correspondence, memos, personnel records (change of status) and other materials as requested for Executive Director and other divisional members.
c. Oversee conference room reservation system.
d. Utilizes the telephone, mail and computer systems for appropriate communication for the Executive Director.
e. Duplicates and distributes memoranda, policies, procedures, minutes, etc.
f. Coordinate celebrations, special events and awards ceremonies; including outreach and creation of programs and invitations.
g. Responsible for ordering office and training supplies.
h. Oversee internal communication for internal programs.
i. Update and maintain department website and SharePoint sites.
j. Assist with planning and organizing programs, classes, conferences.
k. Meet, greet and provide directions to visitors in a courteous manner.
l. Makes out purchase orders, check request vouchers as directed. Follows up on expenses.
m. Answering screening and forwarding incoming phone calls.
n. Receiving and sorting daily mail.
II. Nursing Orientation and Central Programs
a. Manage onboarding of new hires within Patient Care Services to ensure appropriate systems access are in place.
b. Maintain and organize the CNE orientation calendars and the appropriate CNE training space. Assure that all rooms are available and prepared for the weekly orientation program.
c. Prepare the orientation and central program documents.
III. HealthStream Management
a. Supports e-learning initiatives for Patient Care Services and Department of Nursing as a HealthStream Administrator. Duties may include managing student accounts, creating and maintaining online courses and curricula, running, and analyzing reports, and leading troubleshooting when necessary.
IV. Intranet and Website Communication
a. Oversees department’s intranet and website content and communication and SharePoint sites. Ensures that content is accurate, grammatically correct, and reflects the diverse nature of the department.
V. Other Duties
a. Carries out special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree required
• 1-3 years of strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and demonstrated customer service skills required.
• Healthcare or related experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects with strong orientation to details, computer skills/technical dexterity required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrates competence within Microsoft Office suite of programs including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Ability to learn new software programs easily. Experience with HealthStream preferred.
• Ability to prioritize, to complete tasks as assigned, and manage multiple activities simultaneously.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with a diverse group of hospital and non-hospital personnel.
• Ability to foster a team environment and work as a team member.
• Independent judgment needed to organize work and set priorities.
• Demonstration of flexibility and willingness to adapt to diverse roles as a member of the Patient Care Services team.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.