Customer Service Representative
Job ID: BH438522
Category: Customer Service
Provide customer support to faculty, staff, students or visitors who are seeking services, assistance, information or problem resolution, department or program. Provide customer service in person, over the phone, by email, or on the web. May work in a wide variety of campus settings, or at special events that are on or off campus. Handle routine as well as complex and specialized requests from community members, alumni, applicants, or visitors. Skilled at troubleshooting and problem resolution. Maintain accuracy and security of confidential information. Must have positive belief that the customer comes first, strong communication skills and experience working with the public. Must be able to generate positive and professional interactions even in challenging situations, and remain calm, poised and resilient. Strong willingness to learn about the services, programs or operations where assigned. Technical aptitude to learn new software applications as needed. Previous experience in a university setting is helpful, as is ability to navigate on campus
The Benefits Representative is a member of the Benefits Contact Center and responsible for responding to employee and retiree questions and inquiries about benefit programs and policies. This individual spends the majority of his/her time responding to questions and issues regarding the company Benefit plans. These inquiries may come through via phone or email.
This position will be a hybrid remote work schedule with an expectation of working in the Cambridge office 1 or 2 days per week (TBD). Computer and necessary peripherals will be provided by the University.
• Answer employee benefits questions and resolve individual benefits issues in a timely and professional manner. Ensure individual service levels for availability are met.
• Research second-level issues using internal resources and vendor contacts as required. If necessary, escalates issue for resolution using pre-defined processes.
• Document all issues and questions using the case management tool and following office procedures.
• Reply to written inquires to Benefits Office email box following department guidelines. Escalate questions for resolution using pre-defined processes.
• Process incoming department mail following established protocols. Ensure the front area is organized, secured and visually appealing to visitors.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma required, some college preferred.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in employee benefits office – preferably customer service
• Strong interpersonal skills required
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required
• PeopleSoft experience preferred
• Microsoft Office proficiency
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.