Job ID: BH437799
Category: Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
6 month contract, extension/conversion possible
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Hours: Mon-Fri 8hrs/day – 40hrs/wk
Industry: Environmental and Renewables
Interview Process: Video Call or In-Person
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- At least 3 years of accounting experience
- CPA or MBA preferred
The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing professional accounting duties of a moderately complex nature in support of various accounting functions while supervising 2-3 staff accountants. This person will plan and coordinate activities and ensures the accuracy and timeliness of financial reports and resolution of problems in a fast paced team environment.
• Manage transactional accounting staff with GL SSC. The GL SSC is responsible for the preparation/approval of a high volume of Journal Entries and account reconciliations on a monthly basis for multiple entities.
• Prepare complex account reconciliations, analyzes effect of transactions and verifies the accounting treatment.
• Review account reconciliations prepared by staff.
• Responsible for reporting monthly financial results within the consolidation tool.
• Preliminary financial statement review and analysis (including month-to-month or year-to-year comparisons) to ensure the accuracy of financial statements.
• Assist with the coordination of the annual financial audit.
• Demonstrate leadership ability.
• Independently develop solutions to problems by analyzing, interpreting and evaluating various precedents and data.
• Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities.
• Demonstrate strong technical accounting knowledge and analytical skills.
• Develop innovative solutions to solve problems, resolve competing priorities and meet all deadlines within a team environment.
• Develop & implement process and systems improvements.
• Detail oriented
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to organize and manage varying tasks
• Ability to work autonomously and with initiative
Education & Background
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or Business Administration required
• 3-5 years of related work experience preferred
• CPA/MBA preferred
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.