Job ID: BH436885
Category: Payroll Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Contract Duration: Open ended
Job Location: Nashua NH. (Hybridg)
Company Information, Industry, Size: Healthcare
Interview Process: Virtual
- 3-5 years experience
- Any AP experience would be great.
- Coordinate biweekly payroll efforts, including assisting with submission and approval of timesheets and PTO requests.
- Review and process employee expense reports, ensuring timely approval and inclusion in payroll for reimbursement.
- Upload payroll data for processing, anticipating potential disruptions and making necessary adjustments to ensure employees are paid as scheduled and/or required by law.
- Complete quarterly filing of FUTA, FICA, and SUTA reporting including biweekly submission of taxes.
- Stay up to date on all state and federal changes.
- Complete quarterly Multiple Worksite Report, and assist with reconciling quarterly tax reports.
- Post all payroll runs to the general ledger and reconcile accounts.
- Prepare bi-weekly upload report of all 403b contributions and submit for approval.
- Compile and report employee data as required by both internal and external sources including audits of 403b, workers’ compensation, and state and federal audits.
- Confirm the accuracy of calendar year end reports, including W-2 and 1095 forms, and oversee timely mailing and filing of these reports.
- Assist in annual audit process, as needed.
- Act as back-up to Accounting Assistant for verifying daily cash receipts and preparing deposits when necessary.
- Continuously evaluate processes for efficiency and efficacy and communicate suggestions for improvements and /or development of financial policies and procedures.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, collaborating with others within the department and across the agency.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, most importantly Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience as an accountant within a healthcare environment.
- Understands budgeting concepts.
- Ability to prepare simple analyses for financial reports.
- Presentation skills.
- Ability to exercise initiative, work independently, and to exercise sound judgement.
- Strong collaborating skills, and an ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines; optimistic, flexible, high energy, self-motivated and proactive.
- Must possess strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask, and be flexible with regard to workload and assignments.
- Displays a professional demeanor with effective, tactful, and persuasive written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.