Job ID: BH436692
Category: Executive Assistant
3+ months – Potential perm
Onsite – W 114th and Amsterdam Ave
Must be fully vaccinated
40 hours per week. Non-exempt
Supervision: Position reports to the AVP/Medical Director
- Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent required.
- Up to 2 years related experience with at least 1 year in healthcare or higher education.
- Strong computer skills Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Power Point)
Must possess strong organizational skills, superior written and oral communication skills as well as strong customer service orientation. Demonstrated ability to manage projects independently, coordinate multiple activities, individuals, and reporting requirements.
This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a diverse multicultural environment. Ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential communications with discretion and integrity. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure on competing responsibilities with resilience, diplomacy, and minimal supervision.
Manages extremely active appointment calendars; tracks meetings, conference registrations, travel and accommodations using sound judgment in determining priorities. Coordinates room reservations for meetings. Attends specified meetings (including, but not limited to, Student Health Advisory Committee meetings, Governing Body meetings), takes notes, and produces minutes. Coordinates daily support for the AVP and Chief of Administration and works on special projects as directed.
Receives inquires and routes correspondence, telephone messages, and requests addressed to the AVP and Chief of Administration. Drafts letters and memoranda as directed by the AVP and Chief of Administration. Prepares and manages correspondence for routine and confidential matters.
Supports activities relating to compliance with the standards of the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). Coordinate and manage logistics for ad-hoc and special projects. Coordinate meetings, take minutes, compile and distribute information, prepare schedules, track projects and maintain project records, and provide general coordination of efforts.
Ensure policy manual is maintained and updated. Gather signatures once Director’s approve policies, and coordinate upload of policies to Intranet.
Prepares check requests, travel expense reports, petty cash requests, contract materials, purchase requisitions and payment of invoices and expense reimbursements for AVP/Medical Director and Chief of Administration. Creates vouchers for payment of invoices; tracks and reconciles P-Card transactions and makes appropriate entries in ARC (Accounting and Reporting) system. Follows up on financial transactions and procurement requests with Columbia Health Business Office. Reviews financial reports, complies expenditure information, enters data into tracking spreadsheets and prepares reports.
- Performs research, complies data and prepares reports in support of the public health mission. Oversees data reporting and entry into the Columbia Health metrics dashboard, with generation of power point summary presentations for Executive Team. Track Continuing Medical Education activities of Medical Services team.
- Provides liaison with Campus Services and other University offices to resolve problems on behalf of students, parents and other constituents. Works closely with University's Health senior management team on a variety of tasks as directed by the AVP/Medical Director and the Chief of Administration.
- Reviews Special Healthcare Needs Fund request and disbursement. Explains application process to student and distributes completed applications to committee; submits approved applications to business office for processing and pick-up and release check to student.
- Guides process for immunization, swim test, physical education requirement waiver requests, and special housing accommodation appeals for AVP/Medical Director view and approval.
- Manages timesheet for AVP/Medical Director direct reports.
- Assists in planning of meetings and events such as staff retreat, farewell parties, holiday celebration, and Ivy Plus conference.
- Maintains departmental staff directory.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the AVP/Medical Director and Chief of Administration.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.