Job ID: BH436442
Category: Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Client Job Title: Senior Accountant
Contract Duration: 4+ months with perm potential
Job Location: Boston (Can work fully remote at least through the Winter)
Company Information, Industry, Size: Non Profit
Interview Process: Virtual
- 4+ years of experience
- Non Profit
The Senior Accountant manages the general accounting operations of several Fiscally Sponsored Organizations (FSOs) in collaboration with the accounting team. This position reviews, analyzes and audits accounting transactions, reports and forecasts for validity, as well as troubleshooting.
- Review and approve adjusting entries proposed by staff, ensure proper documentation and the validity of entry.
- Review reports to identify and correct problems with allocations.
- Complete account reconciliation on the general ledger.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual review on various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Take the lead on researching and prepare adjusting journal entries.
- Process ACH and wire payments.
- Assist with external audit requests, help prepare documentation and back up.
- Assist in running allocations.
- Manage requests from iCIMS to setup new users in Concur.
- Maintain Concur users (address change, terminations).
- Maintain FSOs’ information (address change, chart of account setup, workflow changes).
- Ensure workflow is functioning properly.
- Assist Grants and Finance Associates with Concur setup inquiries.
- Process credit card requests and set-up online bank access for new users.
- Process credit card reconciliations for approximately 200 credit card holders.
- Send email reminders to TSNE credit card holders bimonthly.
- Assist in TSNE credit card troubleshooting.
- Schedule and provide TSNE credit card training for new credit card holders.
- Assist Grants & Finance Associates with credit card inquiries.
Research & Education
- Be a resource to staff on technical accounting issues.
- Research and present accounting topics to internal staff.
- Help to create and maintain training materials.
Complete other tasks and projects related to the job, as needed.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- Minimum five years of progressive accounting experience with an understanding of all types of accounting transactions;
- BA/BS degree in accounting or business, or equivalent experience required;
- Strong knowledge of all nonprofit functional accounting areas required;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering accounting related trainings
- Ability to research and troubleshoot problems;
- Experience creating financial reports;
- Federal fund experience desired;
- Demonstrated track record proactively researching and resolving accounting inconsistencies;
- Proficiency with accounting software and Microsoft Office;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to function independently and work as part of a team;
- Commitment to the work of social and economic justice organizations;
- Ability to work effectively with people of different cultural backgrounds;
- Experience training a plus.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.