Job ID: BH435920
Category: Payroll Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Contract to Hire
Job Location: Bedford (Need to be in the office most of the time. After candidate gets settled they can do a hybrid schedue)
Company Information, Industry, Size: Healthcare
Interview Process: Virtual
- 3+ years of experience.
- Ok with going into the office
- ADP Workforce Now
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain bi-weekly payroll data; review, calculate, transfer and enter data into payroll system for both employee and independent contractor payments
2. In coordination with HR, accurately update and process new hire employees, change existing employee data and terminate employee information in the appropriate payroll period
3. In coordination with the Manager, accurately process employee benefits, including insurance deductions, FSA and HRA reimbursements, 401k contributions and other payments/reimbursements through payroll
4. Perform final review and approve and produce payroll including electronic processing and/or live checks
5. Oversee, review, and maintain records of payroll liabilities including taxes for employer social security, Medicare, unemployment taxes, multiple state unemployment taxes and other surcharge taxes; ensure that accurate federal and state tax filings are remitted and employee/contractor year-end W2/1099-M are issued by the payroll company in a timely fashion
6. Accurately transfer and edit payroll data by transferring information into the corporate accounting system and maintaining the payroll general ledger to reconcile the related bank account; this may require balancing the payroll accounts and resolving payroll discrepancies
7. Prepare biweekly payroll and quarterly and annual reports by compiling summaries of hours, gross earnings, deductions, taxable earnings and employee/employer federal and state taxes
8. Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements and support all internal and external audits related to payroll
9. Maintain confidentiality of all employee and payroll information
10. Uphold company mission, vision and values
11. Ensure compliance with all pertinent local, state, and federal laws and regulations relating to operations and employment
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Computer Skills Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and payroll software systems; knowledge of ADP Workforce Now and QuickBooks preferred.
Three (3) or more years’ experience in payroll data preparation, payment calculation, processing and reporting.
Experience as a certified payroll professional preferred. Specific Job Knowledge,
Skill and Ability
1. Strong knowledge of applicable Federal and State laws and regulations as they relate to payroll functions and the preparation of reports
2. Knowledge of employment laws as they relate to payroll
3. Strong understanding of general accounting and taxes concepts, ability to analyze and resolve complex accounting issues
4. Ability to multi-task; work effectively and independently, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
5. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
6. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
7. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
8. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions 9. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
10. Ability to sit for prolonged period
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.