Job ID: BH435438
Category: Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Contract Duration/Contract to Hire/Direct Hire
Job Location: Boston (2 days in the office)
Company Information, Industry, Size: Supply Chain Software company
Interview Process: Virtual
- 3+ years experience
- Month End close experience.
- QuickBooks and Twinfield Accounting
- Prepare customer invoices weekly and ensure entry of all accounts payable are correct and timely.
- Lead the collections effort on accounts receivable.
- Prepare and maintain cashflow forecast
- Prepare month end closing entries, including revenue recognition and deferred revenues, expense and commission accruals, prepaid commissions, and prepaid expenses.
- Maintain the fixed asset register and ensure that depreciation entries are posted monthly.
- Review bank statements and preparation of reconciliations, credit card statements and preparation of reconciliation, and ensure all transactions are posted correctly in the general ledger
- Quarterly reconciliation of payroll and payroll taxes in the general ledger to external payroll reports
- Update and maintain monthly close workpapers and submit to Controller on a monthly basis
- Work with Professional Services Manager to verify the accuracy of timekeeping records; monthly reconciliation of time and material invoices to timesheet data; and ensure fixed price projects are invoiced on a timely basis.
- Assist with annual audit and tax return preparation
- Proactively identify areas of potential improvement in month-end procedures.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of three years’ experience performing monthly close and preparation of account reconciliations
- Solid knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent time-management skills
- Good communications and follow-up skills
- Flexibility with time
- Willingness to collaborate and communicate extensively with European CFO, Global Group Controller and Accounting staff
- Positive attitude
- Experience with QuickBooks and Twinfield Accounting preferable, but not essential
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.